Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Needing Some Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll be the first to admit that I do not have alot of electrical circuit experience. Although I've been learning more and more how to design and create circuits. At this point I'm still behind where I need to be to get an idea off the ground. What I DO need to get this idea off the ground is a circuit to control a heating element. I'm actually contacting several heating element companies to price quote what I need as that I can't find a heating element I can salvage that meets my needs;
This circuit needs 3 states; 1) off 2) at rest 3) action
1) simple; it's off
2) will power the heating element partly; bringing it to 185-200 C
3) will be triggered from state 2 to bring the temperature to 300-385 C

The trigger from 2 to 3 will be a simple push button; Ultimately I would like to have LEDs indicating the states as well as a temperature monitor LED display. Sorry to make my first post a request, but to be honest I'm running out of places to look. If this is a bit to complex of a REQUEST; feel free to PM me if your interested in crafting me one of these for reimbursement for time, effort, parts, etc.

You can't just 'power' an element to a certain temperature, you need a sensor which feeds the temperature at that specific point back to a controller.

While a simple thermostat can easily be built using a comparator, your wish for LED's etc. means that the best method is probably to use a PIC or other micro-controller.

Ready made devices are available commercially.
Google "programmable temperature controller"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back