Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to buy a new scope, any recommendations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi,

I find myself in the market for a new oscilloscope. Not really sure which brand, model, specs I should be looking into,

I do most of my work with CAN, SPI, I2C, Analog signals, and some really light power supply work etc etc. I guess I need to identify the sampling rate and bandwidth I need.

I don't really want a crappy scope but also was not looking into spending more then $1000.

Also, I'm not sure how much of an issue calibration is to them.

I do most of my work in a lab, but occasionally do field work. I doubt I'de have a ton of need to use my scope in the field often.

As far as Laptop, standalone, handheld I really don't care as long as it works REALLY well. Probably standalone tho.

Anyone have a model they can recommend ?

Forgot to mention,

It needs to be a storage type. And it sounds dumb, but its going to be on TV for a thing my company is doing and really should 'look' fancy.

Russlk: I'll check those out, thanks

iso9001 said:
Forgot to mention,

It needs to be a storage type. And it sounds dumb, but its going to be on TV for a thing my company is doing and really should 'look' fancy.

Russlk: I'll check those out, thanks

If your TV appearance is the most important thing. Rent a high end scope for a week!

For your digital work, you absolutely must have 100MHz or better for capturing artifacts on those bus protocols accurately.

You will be hard pressed to get 100MHz _AND_ digital storage for less than $1000USD even used. You can look for TDS200 series on ebay, those are digital storage but you wont get 100M probably (more like 20M or 60M). Or look for analog 100MHz there are lots of those for well under $1000..

get bitscope... it's $300-500, DSO, etc. but it's not standalone - it connects to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back