Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need simple LED circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloominati

I have a breadboard, a couple of 2.1V LEDs, and an assortment of resistors. I've never made anything before, so I'm not very experienced in figuring out what resistor(s) I will need. All I want to be able to do is light one of these LEDs up while avoiding burning them both out. :oops:

Aha, I figured it out myself. How rewarding. I just used a 330 ohm resistor and a couple of 1.5 volt batteries. I used Ohm's Law, and I think the current comes out to 2.7 mA.

Does anyone have suggestions as to what I should build next?

I shall do that. Thanks.

I also found a 555 Timer that I purchased at Radio Shack sometime ago. Would I be able to make something interested with that, or would I need to purchase some other parts first?

EDIT: I guess I would need capacitors.

There are quite a few websites around for beginers, with articles on principles, and some basic circuit diagrams to get you started.

to name but a couple:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

edit:
ok the first one doesn't seem to work at the mo, so try http://www.electronics-lab.com - look at the 'projects' section and the 'articles' section.

Hope they are of some interest and use

Tim

Attachments

• plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 437
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back