Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PIC16F84A Cool Project

On who do your most project ideas depend on?

• Self

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friend

• Teacher - School

• Online Search (Somebody else's idea revisited)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duplicate Posts

... I was sure: the browser freezed, I refreshed: I got a couple of similar posts... I think we should get 2 delete at least the similar posts...

Re: Duplicate Posts

Agent 009 said:
... I was sure: the browser freezed, I refreshed: I got a couple of similar posts... I think we should get 2 delete at least the similar posts...
Yep, it sucks not be able to delete your own posts :cry:

Re: Duplicate Posts

Agent 009 said:

It's not a problem, as moderator I delete any double posts I notice - as you say, it's VERY easy to accidently double post.

are you thinking of an momory game that has 4 butons and thy keep lighting in a seqence and you have to repeat it.

In that case it wod be more simple to use 4 difrent color LEDs stuck on 4 buttons.

Or are you thinging of a maching game that you have cards and you have to find pairs.

In ether cases you need a way to randomize it.This can be done by drving noise on an I/O pin and trying to reed it evry cuple of time this way you get a seris of random 1s and 0s.

Yes, A memory game: Writing up a sequence of digits (cause my keypad has only digits) and then askin' the user 2 input'em... I just want the functionality of the LCD screen, along with the keypad, not that I'm obliged to use'em...

Oh a nice simple project.

the PIC simply generates an numbr displays it and waits for the user to input it and it displays more an more numbers

Someone Electro said:
Oh a nice simple project.

the PIC simply generates an numbr displays it and waits for the user to input it and it displays more an more numbers
LOL I wouldn't like to play such game :shock:

yea i wod rathe make an pong game becose its way more fun.

Or i havent seen a lights out game whith an PIC

That's very refreshing :shock: ! Hehe, I want now the LCD to work!
But I have the 16F84A... Not the 16F628, which Nigel based his tutorials on... I took out the comparator line, from the code, and changed the porta/trisa to portb/trisb (cause it's 8-bits) and it didn't work :cry: :!: :!: :!:

You cod try to use an high level compiler becose you have built in libarys that do it all for you and its much fater to make an program in a high level compiler.

You cod try mikroBasic becose its realy simple

Agent 009 said:
That's very refreshing :shock: ! Hehe, I want now the LCD to work!
But I have the 16F84A... Not the 16F628, which Nigel based his tutorials on... I took out the comparator line, from the code, and changed the porta/trisa to portb/trisb (cause it's 8-bits) and it didn't work :cry: :!: :!: :!:
Why did you change the PortB/TrisB, they are the same for 16F84 and 628.
Also, make sure that you have oscilator connected to the PIC, because 84 doesn't have internal oscilator.

Jay, I have an oscillator and everything for the PIC to work: I have previously used it for other programs, so it should be working fine... Now for the PortA/B, I dunno nothing abt the 628, but It looks like it has an 8-Bit PortA, or my 84 just has 5-bits for porta...

And the 84 has 8-Bits for PortB... That's y I made the change... Still, the LCD is justflashing up blocks of 'liquid crystal', and no characters or anything whatsoever... :?

Agent 009 said:
Jay, I have an oscillator and everything for the PIC to work: I have previously used it for other programs, so it should be working fine... Now for the PortA/B, I dunno nothing abt the 628, but It looks like it has an 8-Bit PortA, or my 84 just has 5-bits for porta...
OK, that's true. I though you also changed PortB, which is the same for both PICs. You did well with PortA though.

Agent 009 said:
And the 84 has 8-Bits for PortB... That's y I made the change... Still, the LCD is justflashing up blocks of 'liquid crystal', and no characters or anything whatsoever... :?
Do you see both lines with dark blocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back