Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PIC16F84A Cool Project

On who do your most project ideas depend on?

• Self

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friend

• Teacher - School

• Online Search (Somebody else's idea revisited)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonxer said:
...Has anyone ever done a sin/cosine lookup table in a PIC before...
I think there should be an algorithm for sin/cos functions, cause lookup tables r inaccurate and take up much memory space, no?

You cod find an libary to do it(some compilers allready have them built in).

As for the LCD you can use an small char. LCD in 4 bit mode so it dosent take up much pins (since you dont have much I/O on this PIC)

agen you can get libarys to do it (allmost all high level compilers have such libarys built in)

the sound travels at about 340 m/s so if it takes 1s to get it back the object is 170 m

distance = time / 2 * 340

distance is in meters and time is in seconds

The air temperature and humidity can afect the speed of sound so if you meshure big distances this can afect the result.But you have it only for max of 10 m wich isent going to be afected.

You may want to add or substarct someting from the time if you are geting delays in your code that make the result unacurete.

Sice your using an PIC this caculaton cod esaly be exsexuted in it fast

For Mathematical functions, please visit .
PICLIST is a great site, with many interesting projects and other things.

Hehe, yeah, just factor out the 2 :wink: . But I thought of this, it could work... 10x Guys!!! I'll try 2 get my components and hope they work :roll: ...

He is a fan of robots but it doesn't hurt making more people get into the field of robotics.

:D

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
it doesn't hurt making more people get into the field of robotics.
It does if they are evil robots. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back