Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PIC16F84A Cool Project

On who do your most project ideas depend on?

• Self

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friend

• Teacher - School

• Online Search (Somebody else's idea revisited)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent 009

Hey Guys!
I need a project that can be applied using the MicroChip PIC16F84A microcontroller... Any Ideas :roll:?
I've got plenty, but i need some stuff that can be done fast, and feasible... Not like cutting-edge Terminator robots :wink: ...

Try do do RS-232 to 2*16LCD interface. So when you type something in hyperterminal, it's being displayed on LCD...

Edit: And it can even serve as an Scrolling Ad.

That's good! 10x Jay! I thought of it, but the problem is like this:
My project should stand out on a piece of plexyglass (no problem until now) AND it should run independently, i mean, u just plug it to the power outlet, and it does what it does... I can't have a terminal conneted 2 it, that's bc it's gonna be put in a kinda presentation room...

Agent 009 said:
BTW, nice vote, jay :wink:
Well you can have text stored in internal EEPROM + you can connect keyboard to input text (4*4 keyboard or PC keyboard)

ROFL, my vote is absolutely true! :twisted:

Euh :oops: , what's ROFL :?:
I though of a nice game:
LCD screen showing up a sequence of letters or numbers, each after another, waits a little, then clears it up for user to enter the same sequence. It starts from 2 letters, and keep incrementing to get harder and harder...
Any ideas how to implement this using the 16F84A?

an keybord,an LCD and an random generator

it randmizes 2 charecters and then keeps randmizing it and adding charters to that string.

highscores on its EEPROM wod be cool

yeah, but is the keyboard an ASCII one? Do i take a normal PC keyboard?? And what's a random generator???
I though i would realized a fake random sequence in the program...

why not try something usefull and maybe turn it into commercial product?
adding LCD is quite simple and pretty much a must nowdays.
same goes for communication. but combining them and maybe
adding another thing or two could make it a real hit. some are
already done but just think what can be done that other people
would say 'wow that's cool, i'd like to do the same':
maybe a frequency counter? maybe ODB2 interface?
maybe data logger? maybe com port sniffer that can
autodetect baud rate? maybe just a simple dialer (device that
stores list of contacts and phone numbers and can dial selected
number by generating DTMF on a press of a button)? i just hate
to se how many mobile phones come with useless junk like
stupid games etc. but who likes to type 10-digit number on some
other phone if your phone's battery is low or you are out of
coverage area? i like Jay's idea... 8)

10x Panic Mode! Nice ideas, though not really feasible in my case, cause that's a course project, and I don't need it to be much complicated...

How about a Glowing Orb of Doom(TM). Get a bunch of red, yellow, and blue LEDs (possibly other colors if u want), orient them into a ball shape. Perhaps you could find a translucent ball, or maybe make your own with a membrane of some type. Put the LEDs and the microcontroller inside. You might need a bunch of LEDs going around inside to make the light look evenly distributed, and not have patches of dark and light. Have the micro turn on the LEDs in various patterns. Have the reds all on, do different intensities, turn on some yellow to make it look orange. Have yellow and blue on to make a green. Have it pulsate. Bonus points for putting a microphone inside and making light patterns 'dance' to music. 8) The whole thing could hang from the ceiling by a chain, and the power cord goes up it. That way it's floating in the middle of the room or something. I'm probably going to make one of these some time, I just need the motivation.

ZachTheTerrible: You need one of these for your car.

Yeah, but bonxer has a gr8 idea: i think I'm gonna do an Orb after all! I found a 'wireless' Orb idea, using the 16F84A... That's bronxie 4 the motivation :wink: ... I just figured out that motivation was the missing part of my project...
Anyway, anyone still got an idea is MORE than welcome to post it.
10x buddies :wink: :D :!: :!: :!:

Puting an ultrasonic sensor in so wen someone stares it for a wile it makes an loud beep to scare him off.Cod make an nice prank.

Some of my frends still fall in for hold this wire thingy (the wire is conected to high voltage ufcurce at low curent so i dont kill him)

Ultrasonic sensor = transmitter/receiver?
I just send out a frequency for the tx and the rx gives '1' when wave is reflected?
But that wouldn't be of much use, cause the game is meant 2 be played with, not 'guarded'... Though i could make it that way if the game isn't started yet :wink: ...

Can i have a height detector?
I mean the user would put his hand over the sensor, and the amount of height is calculated... I need this for something cool... Can i do it with the ultrasonic sensor?

Yeah we played with those in high school physics class. Plug in an ultrasonic transmitter/receiver pair into a TI-82 graphing calculator and it will produce a graph of distance versus time. Have someone walk back and forth, throw a ball, etc. Although something along those lines would only work fo a height sensor if the sensor itself was on the ground and pointing up, with the object to be measured directly overhead. What would be super awesome, although hard for a pic project, would be to have the device able to be held in your hand, and you point it up at an object. It uses a tilt sensor to figure out what angle you're pointing at, and uses trig functions to determine the height. Has anyone ever done a sin/cosine lookup table in a PIC before, or done any kind of trig calculations?

I think you can get these ultrasonic distance mesurment thingys in modules

But you can build it from scratch whith ultrasonic transducers.

It works by making a beap and then meshures the time it tock the beep to bouce back.The longer it tock the biger the distance.

the distance is half the time multyplyed whith the speed of sound

Yeah, i thought of this too.
But cause I dunno what is the sound's speed, i thought to make an approximation and quantize it: the longer it takes, the higher it jumps a category:
less than 0.5s = very close
0.5s - 1s = close
and so on...
Do u think this would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back