Need multi-LED fade circuit diagam

Status
Not open for further replies.

100fold

Hello,

I have been searching all night for a solution to create a circuit capable of displaying a set of multi colored LED's .

I need to build a circuit that will cycle through different colored LED's in a (fade to next color) process.

Any help will be much appreciated . . . Scott

Not very creative, but this more or less fits the bill

**broken link removed**

To do it with a circuit can be complicated, it depends if it needs a certain order. If it does need a certain order, I expect a PIC and DAC is best, but I have no knowledge of such things. If it is random colours and combinations, buy a full colour LED:

**broken link removed**

And feed each colour from a seperate triangle wave oscillator;

**broken link removed**

Actually, the popular circuit for this is Bill Bowden's 'Fading Red Eyes' circuit. It's been post on this board, easy to find on the web. The circuit is a low frequency triangle wave, using half of a LM324 quad opamp. Just duplicate it three times for red, green, and blue. Only need one voltage divider for a reference for all three. I used 470uf capacitors instead of the 22's because I want to see a wider range of colors. Also works better with 3 red LEDs, instead of two. The series resistors are fine.
Oh, the RGB LEDs with the 4 pins are junk (least the ones I got), the brightness isn't well matched for each color.

Natural, uncolored plastic makes for a great difuser (small disposiable cups). Home Depot has some nice frosted glass globes for light fixtures under $5 for the 6" diameter...

HarveyH42 said:
Oh, the RGB LEDs with the 4 pins are junk (least the ones I got), the brightness isn't well matched for each color.
I think you need to adjust the resistor values will all the LEDs on until it gives white light. I know the colours don't mix too well, you're right, you do need a difusser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…