Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb0rg777

OK i was hoping to do this myself but i can't figure it out .This circuit might be useful to someone ,especially the disabled .It's not a new idea but I think it is a new design .The closest thing to it that I can find is IRIS .If anyone gets this to work could you please release a schematic so we can all build and experiment.I'm not sure how safe it is though.Thanks.

Attachments

• idea.zip
    40.5 KB · Views: 258
asd

Is that how it really works? IR reflection off of the cornea? I always though it worked by a camera staring at the eye and tracking the pupil. IR seems much more convenient..but yeah I am not sure about saftey either. Seem straightfoward enough if its IR.

There are many devices using IR already .This one has advantages and disadvantages I guess.It is much cheaper than a camera.It only recieves light from one emitter at a time and the light reflects back to the detector .It doesn't show analog positions .It should be stable even in ambient light.The problem I'm having is the reciever/demodular section .The idea came from a photography book .it said if you want to reduce the red eye effect move your flash away from the camera ,so I did the opposite. The emitter/detectors
are working beyond their range but with a little amplification they should still work.

i donno would this work , but i have seen the eye tracking system that uses IR camera+emitter , the emitters are mounted around the camera , and the camera sees a 'red-eye'(not in the visible , but in the IR spectrum:-iris won't respond to low IR) so that it can track the pupil , a image processing algorithm computes our focusing point from the position of out two pupils

I have gotten this to work with no ambient light using the simple circuit in the attachment.eye tracking systems cost hundreds or thousands .this costs very little.At least it would make a good toy.It might even be worth something. :)

Your right it reflects off the pupil.I'm not an eye doctor ! Would make a great project for school or something.Does anyone have experience using these reflective object sensors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back