Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a design idea, desperatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosco28

I need a mechanism that opens a 1'x2' door from the bottom of a box mounted on a wall so that the door swings down when opened.
I would like it to be simple.
Battery operated with a on-timer and a gear or lever to open the door.
Can anyone help me?

This is more of a mechanical project than anything else. Have you looked at using a windshield-wiper motor? They are inexpensive, rugged, have a lot of torque, run on +12v, and have a built in switch to detect one end of travel.

Does the "mechanism" need to close the door?
What are your options to power an electric device?
What is your vision of how the timer functions?

Ken

it does not have to shut the door, and i hoped it would run off of some sort of battery .
i would like to set the timer for 7 am to release the door and then re-set in the evening to do again the next morning.

1'x2' door from the bottom of a box.... so gravity will swing the door down and the contents of the box will fall out? How heavy is the door? A simple solenoid that pulls a pin or operates a latch sounds like it would work. A automotive power lock actuator may be a good place to start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back