Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

N64 Rumble Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

Alright, here's my problem... I want to build a "Rumble Chair" for my N64. That would have motors under the bottom, on the back, ect. of the chair. And as for the circuitry, well, that's what I'm here for. Now, for one, I need schematics for the rumble pack. And I could take apart a rumble pack and have two wires going from it to my chair. However, I don't want to do that because the pack will be to bulky, the two wires would have to come from somewhere, so I have to drill a hole in the pack which will make if look sloppy, and, I don't want to spend any excess money on the pack. So, this is what I want to do. I want ribbon cable coming from the port on the bottom of the controller, and the circuitry can be stored in a box mounted under the chair. And what would be nice is if I could have a port mounted... somewhere on the chair, where I could insert a memory pack. (I can get a port from one of my tons of busted N64 controllers.) Now, my last problem is: The rumble pack normally is powered from the system. It can do this, because the pack only has on motor to power. But if I'm creating a chair the will require multiple motors throughout it, I need more power. What's that? I could use a relay? Sorry, no go. Relays are an on, off thing. The pack's rumble can vary due to how intense the rumbling is on the game. So relays are out. Can someone please help me with this mess of junk? :?

No dice huh? Darn, I didn't think it'd be that easy... :? :cry: :x :evil:

Whats so hard abaot that?

And whats with transistors?

I wod use a transistor on your place!
If the transictor cant teke the curent use more transistors in parallel and a mount heat sink! :wink:

PS:
If the polarety is changing on the output then you nead a more comlicated circut!(reverse voltage on the baze dose not trun on the transistors) :!: :!: :!:

Well, I don't know much about this stuff, so I don't even know what transistors do. :oops: :oops: :oops: But I'll look into that. Thanks. :wink:

Use the wires that go to the rumble packs motor and the use transistors to bost the power!

There are no shematics needed for this!

you don't know what transistors do? :shock:

You beter start lerning!Transistors are gods of electronics!

Its hard to find a shematic with no transistors!

PS:
I see you just got in to electronics

This site has the basics of electronics!
See this site. [url/]

Sory this site dosen't have transistors in!

Transistor:
Is a litle device that can be a relay but the more the curent you drive in the base the more curent can go from the emitor to the colector!
Its just like a variable resistor thet is controled by curent

just send me a private mesege and i will help you

lol i'm not dead certain how i would go about this project. But i think it would be easier to use the wires coming out of your rumble pack. Because the circutry in the rumble pack has already done most of the work for you! like other ppl have said, u need to then amplifiy the output to multiple motors. Connected in parallel i would imagine? i could be wrong on this but thats how i would go about it.... As for adding a memory card that sounds a bit hardcore! :D hehe But saying that can't you buy rumble packs that contain a memory card in them? I think i might have had one. Think the maker was Blaze. (like before i could be wrong on this long time since i owned a N64!) Any hoot take apart that rumble/memory pack combo and jobs a goodun! If all else fails maybe u could just sit on the washing machine on full spin :D just kidding :D I hope this helps

Thats a good one :lol: :lol: :lol: just sit on the washing machine on full spin ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS:
Its a good thin that he didn't think of a chair that jumps or or movs left or right :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back