Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice controlled wheel chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

Hi guyz !!

im making a voice controlled wheel chair for my final year project using matlab. The problem is it contains heavy computing so it is very difficult for me to take it to any microcontroller on C+ or assembly language thats y i want to know that is there any processor or microcontroller available that can accept matlab code directly ?? i heard of audrino can audrino take the matlab code directly??? Please advice someone

One solution is build a small computer system using the PC/104 form factor. Nice and compact. You can transfer stuff done in c+ and compiled on an ordinary PC directly to the small computer. You might possibly be able to run matlab on the small PC directly if you get it with enough memory and load window's embedded operating system on it, but I would think you should rather compile your code and run as an executable on the small PC. Good questions to ask the manufacturers of the CPU boards, or go to their website's Q and A area.

Here's what a CPU board looks like. It's about 4 inches square. It is essentially a complete mini x86 PC. Peripheral boards can be stacked on top or underneath.

800px-PCI-104_EP405.JPG

Last edited:
PC104 is a good mobile platform. You can get really complex motherboards, and lots of options on the IO boards.

We've used them in at least 3 different types of systems... one on a train (gravel spreading system for Herzog), one for MODot/KDot when they put in the scout system on the interstates around KC (see http://www.kcscout.net/) and one for a SCADA based petroleum pipeline monitoring system. The MODot/KDot system had 16 serial ports and over 64 IO pins (expandable to 96) for loop detectors and cameras. They also drove the digtal signs you see over the highways. They all reported back to the main control center in Lee's Summit via ethernet (looks like NASA launch control with BIG full wall displays).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back