Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

n00b needs advice: Infrared Emitter and Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shion Uzuki

Hi! I am new to electronics circuits. In my school project I need to use 5 sets of Infrared sets.

**broken link removed**

I am planning to use this type of Infrared Diodes. Can anybody tell me the approx. range of these LEDs?

With Siemens / Vishay Telefunken IR receivers (SFH506, TSOP1738 etc.), the range can be as long as 5 meters i.e 15 feet. With more LED's you can double the distance.

For better range, LED should be powerfull and also receiver should be sensitive.

The distance between emitter and receiver depend from circuit solutions. Most of r/c senders use impulse modulation, in this case the LED peak current about 3A! Receivers have AGC (Automatic Gain Control): the first pulse of data-packet set the receiver sensitivity to optimal.
With good lens both side possible build with 555-s an infra-gate for 10...12meters distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back