Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My RC Car (Homemade tank) 56k'ers beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh Pike,
Just a thought for your tank mate, to improve the grip a heap better replace the chain with a toothed belt say off a car engine. It's easy to cut and join by splicing and contact cement seems to hold up pretty well. After looking at the tank I'm inspired enough to make 1 for me and my son. I do have a 7 channel R/C controller off an R/c plane so hopefully I won't have alot of trouble interfacing it. Then once I learn pic's a bit more replace the R/C controller and make it automonous.

Cheers Bryan :D

bryan1 said:
I do have a 7 channel R/C controller off an R/c plane so hopefully

Unless the laws are different in Australia?, it's an offence to use an airplane R/C for a model other than an aircraft - for very good sensible reasons!.

DigiTan said:
So Pike, where did you get all this metal for the frames and everything? It sure beats wood and plastic.

local scrap yard has the right stuff when you come at the right time and at dirt cheap prices. I got 7.5 kgs of aluminium for $13 US (15lbs) but you have to come at the right time or they'll send it off to a great big smelter.

i was considering a composite rubber/steel bolts tread system but i ran out of time and just took the easy way out with press fit cogs, and bikes chains. I'll draw a diagram soon so you know what i mean.

nice tank pike,
i am trying to make one for myself
would you tell me where to fing a good design for the tank body model ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back