Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MY MOUSE BEEPS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the mouse also beeps for a little while after I have been moving it around. It also beeps in sync with the LED when it starts blinking. Not to mention it beeping whenever it is moved around or a button is pushed.

Ive never heard of an ultrasonic mouse. I think it would consume a lot more power than an RF mouse. Besides, I know its wireless because it has an FCC id.

Since it only beeps wen you do somting whith it.That must be sound made wen the mouse comunicates whith the PC.
Must be a one sided conversation cuz it beeps when the computer's not on, or if its way far away from the computer.

Meaby it dosent even care if the PC got the data,Its probobly just sending it out.

But i dont get it why it beeps

Well with my knowledge of mouses, and the piezo theory/idea out I'm out of ideas.

I put my hand up that your smoking dope :lol: or maybe a tinnitus sufferer.

Ok well instead of physically pressing the switch, use your screw driver to short the PCB pads of the switch. This is to make sure that it isn't the movement of the switch but something actually electronic which causes the noise.

make sure you short the right pads or you could be screwing yourself over

Pike, i can promise you that it is NOT mechanical movements! the reason I can be so sure is that I press the button, and the noise will go on for another 1/2 second after the button has been relased.

and no, im not high :roll: :wink:

this is just like the movies where the main character knows something strange is going down, but nobody believes him :evil:

you guys suck! no one believes me!

oh well, i guess its jsut one of those things that will haunt me for the rest of my life . . . . :lol:

Hmm, there is a van across the street that says:

Flowers
By
Ingrid

zachtheterrible said:

oh well, i guess its jsut one of those things that will haunt me for the rest of my life . . . . :lol:

Flowers
By
Ingrid
I believe you! I know a guy, whose PSU was making high frequency sound when he moved his optical mouse! That's strange too. 8)

Jay.slovak said:
zachtheterrible said:

Flowers
By
Ingrid
I believe you! I know a guy, whose PSU was making high frequency sound when he moved his optical mouse! That's strange too. 8)
computers are weird sometimes . . .

for instance, I just got a new modem and it says im connecting @ 115k a second!!!!! I thought the FCC limits it to 53k/s. gotta check my download speed :lol:

suck suck suck, HAA, I CAN SAY SUCK AND YOU CAN'T!

ok so you now know that the sound is electronically created. What can you do?? Nothing, without actually modifying the actual circuit itself.

You could muffle the sound by filling the mouse with foam or something that will absorb the the sound energy, i suppose it is an invitiation for ESD damage.

i don't know how many times ive said that the sound is impossible to hear unless you press the mouse right up against your ear, so it doesn't bother me at all. even if you press it up against your ear it is very faint.

Or it could be bill gates signalling for you tryin to get ya back into windo$e

Yea bill gates is a ******* ,microsoft is crap and Windows is ****.

But i have to run Windows becose a big most the games and programs are for windows.

You shod see my dad cursing wen XP F****d up the instalation 2 times in a row.

And you can break its paswrod logon screen whith the a few comands in the comand prompt. (hows that for securety)

Electro, do some research into xine. It is an emulator designed specifically for games. From what I hear, you can run almost all windows games on it.

Back to the mouse: When I took it apart, i saw no piezos, speakers, anything that would generate noise. Even on the silkscreen, I didn't see anything like B1 (buzzer1) It was all capacitors, inductors, resistors, ICs, and a few transistors.

zachtheterrible said:
for instance, I just got a new modem and it says im connecting @ 115k a second!!!!! I thought the FCC limits it to 53k/s. gotta check my download speed :lol:

Your modem is probably reporting port speed (DTE), not line speed (DCE) (ie, the data rate between the modem and the computer, not between modem and phone line)

You can change this setting in the initialisation string. Insert "W2" (without quotes!) in your init string, replace W0 or W1 if it is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back