Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My first LED project :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike_302 said:
Ha! I only understand resitor, solar panel, and where the LED is in that... Otherwise, nothing.
Do you want to learn anout transistors and how they work?
Or just make a circuit that might work or might not work?

If a circuit doesn't work don't you want to know how to fix it?
If a circuit works poorly don't you want to know how to improve it?

mike_302 said:
Ha! I only understand resitor, solar panel, and where the LED is in that... Otherwise, nothing.
Hey there. I'm just getting started as well and, like you, I started with a solar powered LED device. In my case I was attempting to build one of these Sun Jars without just cramming a solar garden light into a different container. I studied a few circuits and settled on something like the one found here but I also did some research into the different components and learned how to read circuit diagrams and figure out how everything works together.

One site that helps a lot was the electronics section of Technology Student, there you can learn what each symbol in a circuit diagram is and what the components do. Also, a good and inexpensive book is Getting Started in Electronics by Forest Mims.

If you want to learn more about solar cells while making cool stuff check out BEAM robotics, **broken link removed** is a nice start.

thanks! I'll check out that site. Maybe it'll help me understand that diagram. If I have any other questions, Ill post... Thakns for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back