Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MVS chip? (http://www.star.net/people/~mvs/)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliez

I see regular ads in Nuts & Volts from this company. However, searching using Google, I don't find much on the net about them. Not even a single question on any of the newsgroup despite the company having existed since 1999!

Do any of you know if this is an OK company to order from, or is it just a freaky credit card harvesting site?

Site at: **broken link removed**

Some of their MCU specs look fantastic:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Thanks, Caesar.

Hmmm. the site looks a little fishy to me, especially since they have a credit card processor kit that they sell. If it were me, I wouldn't buy from them, based on the fact that there is no credibility, as you stated. Better safe than sorry.

I tried them out, just got the MEG6 MCU. It turns out to be an Atmel AVR MCU ATMEGA8-16PC. The datasheet seems plagiarized from Atmel datasheet (lots of paragraphs seems lifted out of Atmel's with graphics missing).

It came in a PDIP packaging, so I'll try it out on a breadboard and see how it goes. Who knows ... ?

I like Basic Stamp's BS2-IC, but it has extremely limited RAM for what I need.

I've also attempted to port my code to BasicMicro's AtomPro MCU, but that's also a piece of crap, the SERIN command won't work, and string comparisons such as If (MyString = "ERROR") Then ERROR_HANDLER won't work either.

Javelin's in Java and is expensive ($95 approx).

oh well, I'm rambling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back