Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you decide MQTT or HTTP for IoT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jab99407

MQTT and HTTP both are very papular protocoals for internet of things project HTTP could be used to transfer data from server to client

How do you decide MQTT or HTTP for IoT project ?

I don't see as there's any relation between the two? - HTTP is just a normal URL for a webpage, MQTT is a server/database what ever.

Personally I simply use HTTP with GET or POST, as I have PHP and MySQL running on my servers - so I POST/GET to a PHP page, which then deals with the data accordingly. I also tend to send the absolute bare data - that way you can process it in the PHP, and don't need access to the transmitter hardware to make changes, you can simply change the PHP as long as you have the original bare data. As many of my devices are sat in holes in the ground in distant places, so VERY, VERY difficult to access, it makes a big difference if you can simply make changes on the server.

The above might help.

Regards, Dana.

I tend to use json to transfer data as all languages seem to be able to handle it.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back