Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Muscle Stimulator Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muscle stimulator

Hi, guys , I saw that you talking about muscle stimulators... About making them... So I have a one question for all of you?
I already have a muscle stimulator with two pairs of electrodes, 2 channel muscle stimulator, and I want to make an amplifier, or something like that, so that I will be able to use more than 4 electrodes... Any schematic or suggestion will be very helpful..
Thanks in advance!.!

Here is a 160v muscle stimulator:
**broken link removed**

This project will give you a REAL SHOCK. It produces up to 160v and outputs this voltage for a very short period of time.
The components are taken from an old CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) as the transistors are high voltage types and the 1u5 electro @400v can also be taken from the CFL as well as the ferrite core for the transformer.
The CFL has a 1.5mH choke with a DC resistance of 4 ohms. This resistance is too low for our circuit and the wire is removed and the core rewound with 50 turns for the feedback winding and 300 turns of 0.1mm wire to produce a winding with a resistance of about 10 ohms for the primary.
The oscillator is "flyback" design that produces spikes of about 160v and these are fed to a high-speed diode (two 1N4148 diodes in series) to charge a 1u5 electrolytic to about 160v. If you put your fingers across the electrolytic you will hardly feel the voltage. You might get a very tiny tingle at the end of your fingers.
But if this voltage is delivered, then turned off, you get an enormous shock and you pull yours fingers off the touch pads.
That's what the other part of the circuit does. It turns on a high-voltage transistor for a very short period of time and this is what makes the circuit so effective.

Last edited:
The US government banned a Chinese guy from advertising on TV his "muscle twitcher" for building muscles.
Electrically twitching a muscle does not make the muscle stronger. Working a muscle makes it stronger.

I know, a TENS muscle zapper improves the tone of a muscle for a person who is paralysed. Are all couch potatoes paralysed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back