Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple Potentiometers

Status
Not open for further replies.

squar3d

So really busy at work, and did a quick google search couldn't find anything in like 5 mins, and thought I might get a better answer here. Sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, I only had like 1 electronics course in college and am now the company's "electronics guy"...

The question goes like this. Right now we are powering a transducers via a WPI transdbridge4m (essentially an amp (PGA-204 op amp) and a position adjust Bourns 100k 3590s-2-104 Pot (10 turn) The problem is at the 1000x gain, adjusting the position is a really pain in the rear, because it is so sensitive. Shouldn't there be a way to stack smaller Pots, so that there is more of fine adjustment? (I'm assuming it is acting as a variable voltage divider instead of variable resistor because all three wires are connected to the board).

Thanks for your help.

If it's just a variable resistor, place a smaller value pot in series with the existing one.

Otherwise, place it in series with either the top or bottom of the existing pot, and set it mid way initially.

For your 100K pot, try using 5K or so for the extra pot.

thanks, will try

I'm not sure what your asking. See if the potentiometer trasnducers here: **broken link removed** might work for you.

If it's just a variable resistor, place a smaller value pot in series with the existing one.

Otherwise, place it in series with either the top or bottom of the existing pot, and set it mid way initially.
In case it isn't clear, the extra pot in series needs to be connected as a rheostat (2 terminal connection)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back