Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple pins in one IC socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

I built a circuit in which the DIP IC must remain in its socket for the circuit to function. Now I thought of making multiple uses of some pins on an IC by adding an external circuit to it.

At first I thought of ramming traditional wire into the socket with the IC pin but that would be tedious and probably break part of the socket.

Is there anything out there I can use that would allow me to temporarily connect wires to IC pins that are already in a socket? and no I don't want to use solder because that could wreck the IC.

The IC is a microcontroller.

A DIP clip?

W8420578-01.jpg

Thats an interesting invention but would such a thing be available in Canada to buy (particularly in Toronto or area)?

They used to be common as dirt. They are some on ebay, but mostly for SOICs instead of DIPs. Digikey has a number of sizes from 3M but they're not chip.

I have used this IC socket as a piggyback in circuit programmer.

In circuit programmer.jpg

Thats an interesting invention but would such a thing be available in Canada to buy (particularly in Toronto or area)?
In the Toronto area I went to Electrosonic for many years but now they are online only. Then I went to Active Electronics and sometimes Radio Shack but now they are also gone. Today Sayal might have some of those IC clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back