Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiple audio transmission in LiFi system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kousik das

I have made a simple project on audio transmission using li fi system that are usually seen in you tube. Now i want to know that can i make it for multiple audio source acting simultaneously? IF yes, how can i separate them with the receiver?

What is lifi anyway? Low Fidelity for AM radio?
Oh, Wikipedia says it uses LEDs to transmit very fast data using light, instead of using radio for wifi. Of course it cannot go through a wall or anything that blocks light and ambient light like sunlight might cripple it.
They say it has 10000 times the capacity and bandwidth of wifi that is almost full.
I do not know the modulation so I do not know how to separate simultaneous transmissions (for the different audio channels in this thread).

there are several different "lifi" systems. simple ones just use LEDs to send PCM to a receiver. if you use a TOSLINK device, you can transmit 7.2 surround audio (i don't know if that's what you're looking for) as "multichannel PCM". the other (and more common use of the term "lifi") is essentially "optical wifi" which, except for the transceivers using LEDs and optical sensors instead of ISM band radios, is identical to wifi in the way it operates.

As shown, that thing in the video has a high probability of destroying whatever audio device it's connected to...

The "transmitter", as shown, puts the battery voltage across and the LED current through the audio output circuit of whatever it is plugged in to.

To me, it appears to be a scam; if it works without causing damage it's more luck than design!
(And anything with an output cap is not going to pass any DC at all, unless it also destroys the cap by reverse bias..)

I have made a simple project on audio transmission using li fi system that are usually seen in you tube. Now i want to know that can i make it for multiple audio source acting simultaneously? IF yes, how can i separate them with the receiver?
Assign a Unique Header Code to each audio packet. Each receiver will pickup its packet by Header Authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back