Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multiple 7 Segment Display driver help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brass

Hi Everyone,

This is a piece of a display board I am working on for a much larger project, not being electronicly ofae and still reading through several very large books on the subject I have attempted to put something together as a schematic, could someone please check what I have done to ensure Ive got it right. I would appreaciate it greatly, I have included the PDF datasheet with my schematic.

Attachments

• Austria Micro Systems AS 1117.pdf
    871 KB · Views: 269
  • RegDisp1.png
    RegDisp1.png
    69 KB · Views: 326
It looks like a really nice IC, but I don't quite know enough about your circuit to help. What is the clock rate? What current did you program? I'm also going to ask a question taht's a little beside the point but it's for a good reason, what do you think the problem is?

I don't know that there is a problem

I don't know that there is a problem, I am still learning electronics theory, I should have noted that the input voltage for the 1117 should be 3.3v, I am looking at using the lite on LSHD-7503 low current common cathode 7 segment LED for the circuit from the specs for the 1117 I believe its max communications rate on the serial bus to be 3.5Mhz split over all 8 displays. The CPU running the lot will probably be a PIC.

The main thing that I need to know is what I have done so far when checked against the data sheet for the 1117 is correct as I am still learning, have little cash and cant afford to let the smoke escape from components as we all know that when this happens you can not no way no how stuff it back in again and its the smoke that makes things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back