Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi unit headset intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewcastleSAR

Hi Folks

Does anyone know if there is a circuit/project for a multi unit headset intercom.

What I'm looking for is a circuit/project where up to possibly 6/8 people can hone their skills around a table on Radio Communications without broadcasting live. It is basically a Radio Training System.

I see plenty of Intercoms circuits for 2 people but how would you add on X additional intercoms

Regards

Declan

Hi Folks

Does anyone know if there is a circuit/project for a multi unit headset intercom.

What I'm looking for is a circuit/project where up to possibly 6/8 people can hone their skills around a table on Radio Communications without broadcasting live. It is basically a Radio Training System.

I see plenty of Intercoms circuits for 2 people but how would you add on X additional intercoms

Regards

Declan

Have a look on Ebay for intercoms for small airplanes. I've seen several that handle up to four passengers for reasonable cost, and they have the kind of functions that you want including a transceiver interface and isolated PTT functions. I think I searched before using keywords "portable intercom" or "aircraft intercom" to find them. Here's one example although it only has four headphone jacks:
**broken link removed**

Another idea is something I saw when searching "motorcycle intercom". The idea is that everyone has a bluetooth headset with mic and they all link together in one wireless network like a big party line. Not sure that's possible but worth a look.

I was also wondering if there are intercom headsets made for a room full of video gamers all playing one game. My search was not successful.

As Ron said, an aircraft intercom might be the answer. Depending on how much you want do from scratch, I've attached an intercom circuit I built several years ago. I ran across an assembly manual for one sold by RST Engineering. Was sitting at home with a broken leg, so decided to build my own, using their input component values, and a lot of my mod's. 4 channels, with one VOX level and one volume level control. The input channels and output amp(s) could be expanded to any number. You could also modify it so each channel had their own VOX and volume control. Sorry about the PDF quality. I had to recover the schematic from an old version of AutoSketch and run it to a PDF printer to make it readable at all.

It worked great, but was stolen out of my car or I would still use it.

Ken

Attachments

• ACIntercom.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,611
Cheers folks for the replies.

I've now got something to go on from a few other sources.

The Motor Cycle intercom system looks good but its working out how to 'interface' more headsets as needed.

Might just purchase one of ebay to have a look at its setup.

Declan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back