Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviram87

hi people.... i am interested in building my own mp3 player one similar to the many available in the market like the ipod etc...

i request members to give me links that contain some sort of help related to this... also i found certain links where they have built using java programming.... i do not know java but... is it possible to do such plyers using c or c++ language?

Keep in mind, any device you build is going to be at least twice the size, consume two or three times as much the power and cost twice what a commercial product would. If this is for ANYTHING other than a learning experiance, abandon the idea and find another project. A much more satisfying project might be a 'string' clock, where a rotating string of LED's is pulsed just right to get a seemingly floating display.

hey many thanks.... ya think u are rite.... can u tell me in detail about this string clock? i men the purpose? where can it be used?

Look at the propeller clock thread, this is the MP3 player thread.

There was a project on the web where a guy made an MP3 player. It had many multi-pinned surface mount ICs and he used millions of very thin wires to connect the ICs together. I doubt if the ICs are still available.

akg said:
run some open source player in an embedded Linux system

I agree with 'akg'. The new RSmedia robot that you plug in to your PC is awesome but yet expensive...Try the embedded Linux system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back