Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mp3 player adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

freak89

Hello every body
i hope you are okay :D

Now i have an old usb flash-Mp3 player it is consume alot of power so it need more batteries and " she got no money in the bank" :D i mean i have no money so i get an old nokia charger 5V-890mA and wired it with an old usb cable
only pins 1 with VCC and pin 4 with GND

it starts but soon it say " LOW POWER " and it also can be powered when i plug it in Computer although the usb from computer can derive 5v-200mA as i know

can you tell me where is the ERROR ?? :rolleyes:

Hi Freak

I know where's the problem as I had designed many many MP3 circuits. The charging circuit is controled by the micorcontroller inside the MP3. Charging won't be triggered on unless a real USB connection is detected. In some circuit you can start charging by connect a 1.5k resistor betwwen D+ and VCC. In most player you can't start charging unless connect it to a real computer

Do you have to hook it up to the PC?
why not build a 1.5 Volt regulator using a LM317 use it in place of the battery?

I did this for an mp3 player, and it has been working for more than 2 years!

figure out what you need here:
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• 1.5VReg.GIF
    1.5VReg.GIF
    4.6 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back