Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 double player

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumega

hello everyone,
I am looking for a person who can design and program a mp3 player ,
[or hack an existing one, to start with] which features 2/more outputs, to play in sync different content multichannel.

the basic idea is a general playback controls, that will trigger a multichannel audio file, like 4 channels audio file: channels 1 and 2, will be played back from the first output, 3 and 4 from the second output.

Or any ideas similar to these, I need something to playback in sync different audio content, from the same device.

Thank you in advance for any reply,
my regards.

tommaso

ps
im based in London uk
please contact me by email, throuhg this forum

Just buy two! your way ahead both in time and money spent!
Or just prerecord your mixed audio with a common mixing program on your computer.
There are many free programs that can do this!

They would also allow you to put independent tracks on each channel too!

He wants four synchronized channels. Can't do that with two separate devices.

Cant do that with one either! The only way I can think of is using a multi channel sound card on a computer. And even then It still takes a bit of work to set up the actual software to do it.

But I could be wrong too!

Are you a DJ? I think a software based approach would be good... using something like Ableton live. *shrug*

I was wondering that myself.
I have freinds and family that do profesional DJ work. What took thousands of dollars in high end specialty gear ten years ago can be done on a $200 laptop with a multi chanel sound card and a free program. By the average high school student!

Yup... hard drive based mixers have dropped like a rock. Anybody remember those Roland 880's? New they were like 4 grand. I bought a used one for a couple hundred bucks. Now you can get a decent pcmcia or firewire based card, some software and it sounds great!

I worked for my brother and freinds as a back up DJ for a couple of summers. I had to bring in 2 or three CD players and about 400 pounds of mixer and sound control gear and piles of CD's for every gig.

Now all they need is a stripped down laptop and a mouse. They are way easier to opperate and the 80 gig hard drive holds ten times more music then I could ever carry on CD's! Plus there is no skips scratches or missing disks in the cases,
and no music lists to have to check with to find out what song is on which disk!

And with a little pre set up work you can run a 4 hour show and not ever touch any thing but the mouse!

So what are you trying to do that needs 4 independent sound channels running a different track on each one?

thanks for all the reply guys.
I was talking about producing a new device , able to playback 4 channels of audio in sync, through 2 output (even through 4 outputs).
I am looking into this forum to find an engineer able to design and to build it.
Possibly based in uk, but not fundamental.

I know that via-software is possible,
yet I mean a device like an mp3 player, able to do that.

thanx again
hope to find someone

what marketability is there for such a device?
Where would you need 4 independent audio tracks running at one time off of one device?

Just curious.

Hey DJ, pump up the volume.
DJ's would like such a device. You'd need genius hardware and software behind it though.

Trust me the laptop and the right software allready has it covered!
Standard 4 channel sound card and most any good audio software.

Even I can work with that! :eek:

So what shape would you like you're wheel? :D

Hey DJ, pump up the volume.
DJ's would like such a device. You'd need genius hardware and software behind it though.

They already have it. Multi channel (digital) turntable mixers. Most if not all have input channels for external devices with crossfaders. Sounds like tumega wants a mash-up device? He's been pretty vague and on purpose I suppose.

Sorry Tumega, sometimes people ask questions about building something because they think it will be cheaper than buying said item. It almost never is. That's why i threw out the Ableton idea. In your situation, maybe some engineer will bite.

good luck.

gabeNC, Whos the man? You are!

I hope the OP comes back too!

Maybe he really does have a new use for someting like this.

again thank you,
but I know what software can do these things and I use them everyday.
The Dj thing, although interesting, is not relevant to this thread, I think.

I was just looking for an engineer/design, please spread the voice if you can

ps
Marketing and stuff is another subject too...
theatre related.

again thank you,
but I know what software can do these things and I use them everyday.
The Dj thing, although interesting, is not relevant to this thread, I think.

I was just looking for an engineer/design, please spread the voice if you can

If you've got to ask, you probably can't afford it - you're looking at designing a brand new full commercial product from scratch, with presumably very limited sales potential?.

What market are you after? I may help us to know what your target people or services are that you think would need something like this.

There are many people that have vast backgrounds on this forum site.
With out knowing who your targeting no one can step up and point you in the right direction.
we can only speculate.

I run my own business and I can say for definite that I do not do custom work for people that want something built that is allready available or just wont serve a practical purpose without a real justification as to why they think they need a custom designed unit. Plus budget constraints are a big factor too!

I dont do work for people that cant pay! I will however do custom work for free if I see that the product market potential is good and I can get in on the beginning of the endevor and make my money back later.

Just trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back