Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motherboard diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the companies give those schematics out freely. You should ask the company and see if they say yes or no. If they say no, you probably won't be able to find it anywhere else. If they yes, your search is over.

Just one question, why?

Motherboards certainly aren't worth making yourself or even repairing.

<Just one question, why?>

cause someone has removed some jumpers from its place , and i need to reconnect these jumpers with motherboard pins....

anyway i think that i've catched the schematic file here:
**broken link removed**

As i think

Oh, so you do not really need an electrical schematic. It would be best to find the user manual, because they usually document where all the jumpers are and what they do. And yeah the link you posted does seem to have a user manual available for every model.

Hero999 said:
Just one question, why?

Motherboards certainly aren't worth making yourself or even repairing.
You can learn a lot from looking at these schematics. I think it's good practical experience to take a look at circuits that are actually implemented on high volume PCBs.

poopeater said:
You can learn a lot from looking at these schematics. I think it's good practical experience to take a look at circuits that are actually implemented on high volume PCBs.
Motherboards are kind of big to do that with though...

A schematic might help you, but the jumpers would lead to chips, and then youd have to find out what those chips do, etc. Easiest way is to download the manual for the motherboard from the manufacturer, and look in it.

Which they won't give you, because they are proprietary information.

Not if you have the full schematics and layout files.

And i am guessing you have these? No? I didn't think so. The only thing you can learn from the motherboard schematics is; "Damn, i need a life". Now, the users manual, on the other hand, will give you all the information you need. Everything from BIOS settings, to Jumper settings. I don't see what the advantage would be, having the schematics? To determine what jumpers should go where, you would have to know the architecture of the whole computer. Right, let me guess, you know that too? :rolleyes:

The only interesting things on a schematic for a motherboard would be the power supplies - and even then you'd likely get more information just reading the datasheet for the regulator IC that they chose to use. Other than that the only things are some termination resistors, decoupling capacitors, various connectors and the processors and ICs - which are all connected together through busses.

anyway,I couldn't make a benefit from manufacturer user manual more than knowing something on connecting jumpers to motherboard , and some info on board bios settings.That's what I got from the company website , so it wasn't that sense though, and differs than the formal catalogue that usually comes with the motherboard when buying.That catalogue contains nicer info displayed and usually more practical for the user.

Marks256 said:
And i am guessing you have these? No? I didn't think so.

DURRRRR. Actually, yes, I do have these. I have the schematics and board layout files for a good number of motherboards.

Obviously your reading is as poor as your spelling. I never said that it would help with setting jumpers. I said that one could LEARN a lot from them.

As for the other part of your post, yes, I do know full well the entire architecture of a computer, as I've spent the better part of the last 6 years DESIGNING and BUILDING the chips that go into a PC.

Idiot.

fascinating. how did you manage to come by these MB schematics and layout files? which ones do you have? care to share? I don't think it is something that the average person can manage.

philba said:
fascinating. how did you manage to come by these MB schematics and layout files? which ones do you have? care to share? I don't think it is something that the average person can manage.
Haha, it's easy. You just have to work for the company that builds them :D

I have the files for all kinds of gear. Basically anything and everything you'd plug into a PC, I have schematics and layout files for.

Like was said, they are proprietary, and I cannot share them. Sorry!

poopeater said:
Haha, it's easy. You just have to work for the company that builds them :D

I have the files for all kinds of gear. Basically anything and everything you'd plug into a PC, I have schematics and layout files for.

Like was said, they are proprietary, and I cannot share them. Sorry!
Was that not the point he had about the schematics being given out for normal people to learn from?

dknguyen said:
Was that not the point he had about the schematics being given out for normal people to learn from?
Well, I think that if properly motivated, the average person could find schematics/layout files for various boards. It would take some effort, but it could be done.

My whole reason for even bringing it up was because Hero had asked why anyone would even want the schematics. I'm telling him (and the rest of you) why it would be useful to have the schematics. You learn an awful lot of practical knowledge about real circuit implementations by looking at them. Way more than you'd learn in a text book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back