Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motherboard diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get your hands on schematics, I need to know what IC is at Q24 on a PowerColor Radeon 9550 256mb non-DV(s). It blew, and I need another one.

ParkingLotLust said:
If you can get your hands on schematics, I need to know what IC is at Q24 on a PowerColor Radeon 9550 256mb non-DV(s). It blew, and I need another one.
Like OutToLunch said, Q24 is some type of FET. I don't have that particular card, but you should look and see if you can tell what IC (if any) that Q24 is connected to. I'd guess that it's part of the power supply circuitry, and you can probably look at the datasheet for whatever IC it's connected to to tell what the characteristics would be for a replacement.

I'm not bragging. Hero initially asked why anyone would want motherboard schematics, and I was answering his question.

oh, ok. :)

poopeater said:
:confused: I'm not bragging. Hero initially asked why anyone would want motherboard schematics, and I was answering his question.

To help support his claim, he's posting from a major manufacturers IP address, so I've got no doubts as to the validity of his claim (or the fact he's not allowed to distribute them).

If I knew what the part was, I wouldnt have to ask :( When it blew (psu blew, took out the video card, and motherboard - fixed the mobo by repairing a trace) it put a little hole in the FET. Just enough so that I cant read what it is. Its an SO-8 if it matters. Ill do some checking with a magnifying glass later.

I will go ahead and just assume that this is a MOSFET for a buck switching power supply. So, in SO8, it will either be a single FET or dual packaged. Remove the FET from the board and look at the pin pads. If the pads for pins 5 through 8 are shorted together and also the pads for pins 1 through 3 are shorted, then it is a single FET. Otherwise, pins 7 and 8 will be shorted and Pins 5 and 6 will be shorted for a dual packaged FET.

I highly doubt that the FET would be a P-Channel, so that narrows things down as well.

If the FET is a single, then find it's mate - it is very likely that the regulator is a synchronous buck and not standard. It is also highly likely that the blown FET will be from the same manufacturer as it's mate. I can't say that it will be the same FET though - the control FET is many times different than the synch FET.

I would also trace back the gate signals to find the PWM controller IC. That will tell alot about what the supply is.

Its a single FET. Its pair is right beside it, and is marked 119N3S. That one is also a single. The only IC near it is U41 and is marked 1575 PNFE.

The very reason I got out of that business years ago was, suddenly Intel started sending out free schematics of mother boards for their latest embedded processors and then Compact joined in and others....I did not have anything to do anymore. I couldn't hide from free mother board schematics. So I went into radio.

motherboard

I'm trying to reconnect the power led and the power sw wire back on the motherboard for the switch to work, i have a E Machine Model number W3622. Thank you Jerr

Hi everybody,

I`m from Argentina, I was wondering if I could get the schematic of a Socket 7 Motherboard for educational reasons :)

Do you think it`s possible ?

Edit: My MSN is DMilardovich@hotmail.com, I would extremely apreciate your help

Last edited:
Haha, it's easy. You just have to work for the company that builds them :D

I have the files for all kinds of gear. Basically anything and everything you'd plug into a PC, I have schematics and layout files for.

Like was said, they are proprietary, and I cannot share them. Sorry!

Hi All,

Im just curious about the motherboard design. I know most circuits on a MB are powered by 3.3V, 5V and 12V lines. I also notice a -5V and -12V supply that carry low current (1A or less) as compared to the + rails. On current MB (Pentium and newer) does this - rails are still being use on MB or they are just use to power accessory PCB (PCI, AGP card, etc). If so, can any one tell me what are the specific uses of this - rails.

Thanks all.

To help support his [poopeater] claim, he's posting from a major manufacturers IP address, so I've got no doubts as to the validity of his claim (or the fact he's not allowed to distribute them).
Do you think his employer is aware that he posts from their IP using the screen name "poopeater"?:confused:

hello , i am waleed from Egypt

it is important to have a schematic diagram for mother board becase u may fix it when dameged
Well waleed, like it's already been said here that a vast majority of motherboard repairs are not done due to numerous reasons. In other words, you don't see stone masons running around the pyramids patching them up here and there... look at the Sphynx's nose! It's simply something that is better left alone.

Modern CAD schematic and layout software makes a complete motherboard schematic for anybody but originator with linked files and particular CAD software next to useless. Yes, most CAD software can generate a multipage PDF file of the total schematic but it will be close to useless. There are multiple node labels used which you really need the original CAD software to track and trace out for you. You might as well have an Excel file with component and node number connections, it is about the same thing.

Board developers have multiple people working on the motherboard and most only know about their little part of the overall design. A given IC will be broken up into small sections spreadout over multiple pages.

You will go crazy with a PDF file tracking through a label link on multiple pages. By the time you get several pages deep you will have forgotten what you were originally looking for. If the guy that generated the PDF file did not specify text to be outputted as font characters instead of graphical stick renditions (which is usually the default output) you don't even have label search capability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back