Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosquito repeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
Yeah propane would most likely be the best solution but they are extremly expensive but it gets like 3,000 sq I am not to sure.

some units are not expensive

look at ebay

some of these tanks will last up to 3 months...i think

my neighbor has one by his pool and its good enough to keep the bugs out of both of our yards :D

I am going to get one for my backyard because they get you everytime you go back there.

When I am working on my shed I get like 10 misquito bytes
and that is the average daily.

I tried the misiquito spray and it only worked a little bit I still got stung 2 times but it is better then 10.

I played around a few months ago on a mozzie repeller remembering a mate said 29 khz in a sawtooth waveform will get rid of them. He said he made one out of 2 transistors a couple of resistors and 2 caps. Well I tried it out playing around trying to get the right frequency but in the process all I did was attract the bloody mozzies so I canned the project :oops:

They say that an electronic mosquito repeller works by making the sound of male mossies. The female ones (the ones who bite) don't want to get pregnant so run away.
Oh yeah? Mother nature will make sure that the females will search for and join those males and you'll end up with millions of them. :lol:

I tried one of the programs to see if I can still hear 16kHz to 20kHz like many people can, disregarding that the article says that people can't. Other people and me aren't dogs, only sometimes. :lol:

The program doesn't do anything when I open it.

Does the program need to be associated somehow with Mediaplayer or somethin'? :?: :?: :?:

Its using my PCs internal speaker.

And i cant imagince someone having it on since that realy high pitch beepind wod drive me nuts.

The program isn't a mosquito repeller, it repels people who still have good hearing. :lol:

Can't you hear the real sound from mosquitos? Imagine having that sound recorded then amplified to be loud, as a repeller. It would drive eveyone nuts.

mosquito problems

Mosquitoes are very adaptable creatures which is the main reason why they are still alive today inspite of all our efforts at eliminating them.

The circuit I hear is only useful initially, but with time, the mosquitoes get used to the irritation and continue going about their business unpeturbed! :D

Re: mosquito problems

aibelectronics said:
Mosquitoes are very adaptable creatures which is the main reason why they are still alive today inspite of all our efforts at eliminating them.

The circuit I hear is only useful initially, but with time, the mosquitoes get used to the irritation and continue going about their business unpeturbed! :D

Actually they're not really adaptable, they're just pervasive. They haven't been developing immunities to pesticides or resistance to DEET's repellent effects that I know of. Nor do they have the brains to "get used" to the sound. I don't think it has any effect at all. They don't hunt by sound or even make any attempt to avoid predators. They hunt by CO2 and to some degree the smell of perspiration.

They also probably have a thermistor because they like warm bodies. 8)

Then take an Bug zaper and replace the UV lamp whith an IR lamp.

I dont have much problems whith moscetos this year.(It was prety cold)

btw: Then i wonder where they get such small termistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back