Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET Theory....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a MOSFET(say n-channel) operating under proper bias,a depletion region is created by the movement of holes into the substrate,thus leaving behind -ve ions...so an E-field should be created directed from the substrate to the oxide(perpendicular to the oxide layer)....
On the other hand,as a +ve V_DS is applied,a depletion region should be created across the drain-channel junction,giving rise to an E-field from the drain to the channel(parallel to the oxide layer)...
Does this mean there are 2 mutualy perpendicular E-fields acting in the depletion layer????

If you put your theory questions in the "Theory" forum, maybe you could get a better response.

Speaking only for myself, I read this "Chat" topic late in the day. At that time, theory is not going to interest me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back