Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a 10 k resistor from your clear pin to +5v otherwise the pin is in a unknown state. And AG is correct, you need to bypass your regulator.

You should always look at the datasheet for an IC that you are using to see what additional parts are required.
Texas Instruments show a 0.33uF input bypass capacitor and a 0.1uf output bypass capacitor for their uA78xx regulators.

Attachments

• 78xx bypass capacitors.PNG
    78xx bypass capacitors.PNG
    4.2 KB · Views: 195
Just a few more changes. T1 base floats when pb switch is open. T1 needs a current limit resistor for base. The NAND gate inputs float when T2 is off. See my attached redmarks. Also I think AG mentioned that your laser diode needs a I-limit resistor, not sure so will let him comment on that.

Attachments

• unkcircuit.gif
    unkcircuit.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 229
T1 is an emitter-follower so it does not need a base current-limiting resistor.
The OP said in an earlier post that the laser diode has a built-in current-limiting resistor.

T1 is an emitter-follower so it does not need a base current-limiting resistor.
The OP said in an earlier post that the laser diode has a built-in current-limiting resistor.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up :)

I have made some last minute changes to my circuit. Considering all of the mistakes I had my first time around, I figured I would post this just to make sure that it is correct.

Thanks
-ILikeComputers

Attachments

• Schematic.png
    Schematic.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 166
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back