Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET and 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prof.Insane

I need to switch a MOSFET using the output from a 555. But the squarewave is 5V and the load needs 12V (and the MOSFET needs 12V to turn on properly?). Will this circuit work ? Also have I drawn the MOSFET the right way round ?

Thanks,

-Chris

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 556
The circuit can work, but You need the transistor because the load in the source. If You use another type N-FET with TTL-gate - no need the transistor. Another possible solution: run the 555 with same supply (12V).

Program

Hey, I was just wondering what program was used to genereate the schematic in the original post? I have Visio right now and I hate it more and more on a daily basis (it works great for my databases but for electrical engineering it blows) especially after I found out how it numbers IC pins, no Bill, we don't count that way... Thanks !

Mmmmm, Not Visio - (Homer Simpson Voice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back