Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

more fm transmitter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzo

I recently built a fm canakit ck333 transmitter. I have finally got it stable by better sheilding(read those postings - very funny) and shortening all the leads of the various resistors and capacitors. I now want to increase the wattage. this kit uses the ba1404 chip. I have read that I can replace the output transistor. ok , this thing has three transistors. two look like they are in the power supply, they are a 2n4124, and a c945. the other is located near the antenna and it is a 9018. any guesses on which to replace, and what to replace it with? I could post schematics if necessary, but I don't know how good the quality would be, my scanner is junk. thanx

Hi, in the Wattage ?, ok... you'll need to post it as far as I'm concerned as I'm not familiar with the kit. Usualy the output transistor is the one closest to the antenna. You may be able to use a 2n4427 or the like, but it needs correct bias, small heat sink, etc. I could post a 1 transistor "C" amp you could add on to boost output. I've already posted it somewhere if you care to look for it. Just watch you don't cook the chip. Les. kirschner1_753@msn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back