Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moon eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.o.

The moon eclipse is happening in these two days. The longest time in seven years.

Do you think of the size of the moon is just right to cover the sun during the sun eclipse? It's like the lit to the tea pot. Think about it if the size of the moon is slightly over or under.

so whats going to happen when this happens??:eek: i feel stupid for asking!
and what time should i look out for it?

OK, the moon eclipse starts at 6:52PM with full eclipse at 8:37PM and ends at 9:22PM in Melbourne according to the news paper. So, look up the sky if the weather is fine to-night 28/07.

You're in Australia, so..
For the eclipse will already be underway at moonrise for Japan and much of Australia on the evening of Aug. 28.
according to the page posted by HiTech :)

ok thanks for that! it's cloudy here now, so hopefully it will clear up enough! so what exactly happens, the moon goes red?

things said:
ok thanks for that! it's cloudy here now, so hopefully it will clear up enough! so what exactly happens, the moon goes red?
:|
The moon gets blocked by the shadow of the earth.

ahh ok! how come people are talking about the moon going red?

According to nasa..
With the Sun blocked, you might expect utter darkness, but instead the ground at your feet appears to be aglow. Why? Look back up at Earth. The rim of the planet seems to be on fire. Around the Earth's circumference you will witness every sunrise and sunset in the world—all at once. This incredible, colorful light beams into the heart of Earth’s shadow, transforming the Moon into a landscape of copper moondust and golden hills.
https://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/watchtheskies/eclipse.html

well its kinda cloudy here now, but there is a bit of sky showing still. will i still be able to see the effect?

I woke up early (5:00 AM) to get a good step-by-step view of the lunar eclipse.
Things, I hope you got to see the eclipse, I found it to be pretty cool.

You should have at least been able to see the moon beginning to be darker (from top down), but after the moon is fully covered, I found that it disappeared in the sky.

-El Omar

yea the clouds dissapeared just as it dissapered, and it was really red!! i also got out my telescope, which hasn't been out for ages, and managed to get a pic through it using my camera:D it's purple because the ir filter was removed in that camera;) i've got plenty more better pics, but they are still in the movie, i have to pull them out:eek:

moon.JPG

things said:
yea the clouds dissapeared just as it dissapered, and it was really red!! i also got out my telescope, which hasn't been out for ages, and managed to get a pic through it using my camera:D it's purple because the ir filter was removed in that camera;) i've got plenty more better pics, but they are still in the movie, i have to pull them out:eek:
Hey, great stuff! Would love to see some more pictures.
Though, that is really weird. From here, it really didn't turn that red-- was pretty gray with a hint of orange-y redness mixed in.

-Omar

Hi,
I was supposed to see it yesterday, it started at around 5 pm over here, but IT WAS RAINING :( damn
But maybe I wasn't able to see it at that time even it wasn't raining? The sun is still high there at 5 pm.
Hope to see the pictures soon :)

Omar.M said:
Hey, great stuff! Would love to see some more pictures.
Though, that is really weird. From here, it really didn't turn that red-- was pretty gray with a hint of orange-y redness mixed in.

-Omar
thanks!! i have another one here, i'll upload it in a minute!

allright here it is
eclipse.JPG

Why no details on the craters? They should be reasonably observable. Here's a pic I took thru my telescope long ago:

Attachments

• moonquadrant.jpg
    moonquadrant.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back