Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Putting a man on the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
What hole are you talking about?
The hole where the gold used to be.

I think we shall burn all the money. We wont have to pay taxes, there will be no rich people, the problems of Greece will vanish and I will stop being poor.

Simply tax the pigeons.
--Landing fee
--Take off fee
--Parking fee
Genius!! But you missed one, bag the droppings and sell for high$ to allotment holders and gardeners for loads of $$. make the pigeon pay!! I will design and build the wing lights for the pigeons so they are Legal to fly in US airspace, they currently flout the law and dont have appropriate inspection certs etc.

I also want the refueling concession

In some rural locations people eat pigeons. That takes care of the problem(s).
Problem 1, too many pigeons.
Problem 2, too many hungry humans.

Genius!! But you missed one, bag the droppings and sell for high$ to allotment holders and gardeners for loads of $$. make the pigeon pay!! I will design and build the wing lights for the pigeons so they are Legal to fly in US airspace, they currently flout the law and dont have appropriate inspection certs etc.

I also want the refueling concession
Then link the paper money to pigeons droppings so we will get more realist value.

Then link the paper money to pigeons droppings so we will get more realist value.
Or mix droppings and paper money and get better compost! higher value, link value to pigeon meat :D.

I have a pic somewhere I took when we first moved here, in the town alot of the buildings had owls etc (plastic ones) on the roofs to stops other birds landing. I have a pic of a pigeon perched on top of one of these owls that was well covered in pigeon ****.

I think a plastic taxman would work better! Or maybe someone from the aviation people with clip board lol :D.

Seriously though.....why all this hate to the pigeon? We have them here in a loft, I love our funny legged colored pigeons! (especially with Taragon sauce or medina sauce MMMmmmm).

You need a word with my teachers then, we have just done this topic and it was nothing like you describe.
I would like that. Too bad the logistics prevent that from happening.

If you track gold over ten years the price is more stable than ANY currency tracked like for like over the same period. Saying commodities go up and down in value is ridiculous, so does every currency in the world and often to a far greater extent. Your argument is like saying buy a petrol engine because diesel ones use fuel.
I will let the facts speak for themselves. In the middle of 2011, gold was over $1800. Now it is a little under $1100. If that isn't short term volatility, I don't know what is. https://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html Every financial advisor I talked to says the long term price rise follows inflation, not its intrinsic value. Gold always has been valuable and probably always will be. But it has its wild fluctuations between valuable and very valuable, too.

The reason for changing from the gold standard was to avoid bankruptcy, I can link to video on the school server but when I did the unit project work I found alot of good video on youtube that I referenced and used, I can dig them up if you want or you can go looking, its pretty interesting.
As you can see, the US abandoned the gold standard in 1933 to combat the Great Depression. https://mentalfloss.com/article/12715/why-did-us-abandon-gold-standard

The only reason the world is awash with oil is simply because production is being kept higher than demand (simple economics used for geo political reasons).
The fact the world is awash in oil proves that it is not in short supply.

Just incase you are not aware the majority of reachable oil in the states needs fracking and cost around ~$53 a barrel (4 months ago price when I did the project), Saudi oil cost around $32 a barel to extract but the Saudi Government has admitted openly and recently that at current production the oil is out in 25 years. Production is being kept high to stop much needed profit flowing into the states, the reasons are Geo political and involve religion and politics to an extent I am not going to explain (I am POSITIVE I dont have too, you have TV set so you can work it out).

The Saudis can pump it cheaply, but then they have to ship it to the US. Actually the US gets very little oil from the Middle East. Most of the US oil comes from Mexico, Venezuela, and fracking. There is even talk about the US exporting oil. Also, natural gas is being substituted for oil in some cases. Tonight on the news, the price of oil was down to $30/barrel.

I find your views very 90's and outdated, certainly not based on evidence,fact or what is actually happening.
I beg to differ. The sources I quoted are current.

The hole I was referring too is the nation debt including the figures they dont publish, recently even Hillary was hauled before the senate? (one the houses) and alot is coming out surrounding vast sums that have gone missing (Trillions).

If they do not publish those figures, then how do you know about them? Where is your evidence? Hillary was questioned by a Senate committee about her role in Benghazi, not for financial reasons.

I wouldnt normally come out and flatly say your wrong, but your statement about gold rising and falling in value as if currency dosnt was telling, from that point on you had lost the argument as even a quick research would show its more stable than any currency tracked side by side. I love a debate but it becomes pointless when one side wont do the research to back there version.
If I am wrong, it is OK to say so if you can back it up. But the graph of gold prices I submitted above proves that gold is not stable like you claim. Just because some currencies are not stable does not make gold a better choice. In the US, we have a semi-independent financial management department called the Federal Reserve that moderates our currency fluctuations.

Try and find the bit that says you moved from gold because it was unstable, I think you misheard, what was unstable wasnt gold but currency
The link I submitted above shows the reason why the US went off the gold standard during the Great Depression.

https://www.kitco.com/ind/Fraser/20...Gold-Reflects-the-Value-of-the-US-Dollar.html

quick quote from above " The freeing of the US dollar from the gold standard has enabled it to fluctuate more widely, while the value of the gold remains stable, making it a safe harbour for investors in times of uncertainty, as a hedge against inflation and recession. The value of the gold remains stable in comparison to currencies,"
That sounds like a brokerage ad to induce you to buy gold. At the end of the article, did you notice who the author was and what his position is? He also says the US went off the gold standard in 1971 when it really went off the gold standard in 1933.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_dollar

As to having alot of gold on you tube is a vid of committee meeting last year where a senator and one of your money people admit you dont own a single $ of the gold you have, its all taken up in foreign debt! Which is still mostly metal backed

Then they should convert the commodity backed debt to paper and promises.

Ratch

Anyone who thinks that the Moon Project was a scam is an idiot. There is no way something that big could be kept secret. There are too many unscreened people involved who would either blab outright or on their death beds. How would the government enforce a command not to talk? The project was unclassified. I challenge anyone to find a upstanding, reliable scientific participant in the program who says no one walked on the moon.

Ratch

I tend to agree with that too. Though it can be interesting to hear some of the conspiracy theories. For one thing though, if there was not the means to fake the moon landing, there was definitely a motive, arms race, cold war, etc, the desire to beat the Soviets for getting the first man into space.

I would like that. Too bad the logistics prevent that from happening.

I will let the facts speak for themselves. In the middle of 2011, gold was over $1800. Now it is a little under $1100. If that isn't short term volatility, I don't know what is. https://goldprice.org/gold-price-history.html Every financial advisor I talked to says the long term price rise follows inflation, not its intrinsic value. Gold always has been valuable and probably always will be. But it has its wild fluctuations between valuable and very valuable, too.

As you can see, the US abandoned the gold standard in 1933 to combat the Great Depression. https://mentalfloss.com/article/12715/why-did-us-abandon-gold-standard

The fact the world is awash in oil proves that it is not in short supply.

The Saudis can pump it cheaply, but then they have to ship it to the US. Actually the US gets very little oil from the Middle East. Most of the US oil comes from Mexico, Venezuela, and fracking. There is even talk about the US exporting oil. Also, natural gas is being substituted for oil in some cases. Tonight on the news, the price of oil was down to $30/barrel.

I beg to differ. The sources I quoted are current.

If they do not publish those figures, then how do you know about them? Where is your evidence? Hillary was questioned by a Senate committee about her role in Benghazi, not for financial reasons.

If I am wrong, it is OK to say so if you can back it up. But the graph of gold prices I submitted above proves that gold is not stable like you claim. Just because some currencies are not stable does not make gold a better choice. In the US, we have a semi-independent financial management department called the Federal Reserve that moderates our currency fluctuations.

The link I submitted above shows the reason why the US went off the gold standard during the Great Depression.

That sounds like a brokerage ad to induce you to buy gold. At the end of the article, did you notice who the author was and what his position is? He also says the US went off the gold standard in 1971 when it really went off the gold standard in 1933.

Then they should convert the commodity backed debt to paper and promises.

Ratch

Ouch, this is a bit pointless. I think you need to stop cherry picking and actually go seek the facts, even your own Congressional Research Library finds you wrong! https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41887.pdf

Page 13

Ties with Gold were cut completely in 1973!

Seriously 40 years out!! a easy to check basic fact, I am not going to bother educating you on your own economy if you wont/cant get the most basic facts straight. You might like to check the Bloomfield site and see what they have to say on Gold and the technically bankrupt economy the United States and many other western Governments now have.

Germany is relocating (or trying to) its gold reserve from the states, its been stonewalled however and has been told it has to do it over X years. Questions were asked in congress last year as to whether the gold still exists, when I finished my project in October at that point no answer had yet been given.

And even though your domestic $ is no longer tied to a metal standard, ALL international transactions still have to be done in Gold. I can give you a link if you want but you dont appear to of read those I have given you already.

Anyway, dont worry about Gold and silver. We have moved onto the pigeon problem now, you might actually get some of this more pressing problem right :D, as a friendship bonus I am willing to give you a discount on a bag of pigeon **** if you admit defeat ;) keep in mind I hold the concession for all pigeon **** from roof pigeons. How does 5% off sound?

Ouch, this is a bit pointless. I think you need to stop cherry picking and actually go seek the facts, even your own Congressional Research Library finds you wrong! https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41887.pdf

Page 13

Ties with Gold were cut completely in 1973!

Seriously 40 years out!! a easy to check basic fact, I am not going to bother educating you on your own economy if you wont/cant get the most basic facts straight. You might like to check the Bloomfield site and see what they have to say on Gold and the technically bankrupt economy the United States and many other western Governments now have.?

Sorry for the late response. No, I stand by what I said. It is easy to check. In 1933, it became illegal to own gold in the US except for a few circumstances (coins and jewelry). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Reserve_Act You could no longer exchange paper for gold. After 1933 the currency was priced according to a declared fantasy price for gold and other valuable commodities. This condition existed with a few minor refinements until 1973 when gold was completely abandoned. So 1933 was when the US effectively went off the gold standard and the currency was not worth physical gold.

Germany is relocating (or trying to) its gold reserve from the states, its been stonewalled however and has been told it has to do it over X years. Questions were asked in congress last year as to whether the gold still exists, when I finished my project in October at that point no answer had yet been given.

https://www.mining.com/germans-give-up-on-getting-back-their-gold-held-in-us-45305/ As you can see from this article, the US and other countries are holding German gold by Germany's request. There is no worry about whether the gold is available or whether it can be repatriated. However, this has nothing to do with whether gold is a stable commodity like you aver it is. I proved in a previous posting that it is not.

And even though your domestic $ is no longer tied to a metal standard, ALL international transactions still have to be done in Gold. I can give you a link if you want but you dont appear to of read those I have given you already.

I acknowledged that and suggested that they switch to promises and paper, remember?

Anyway, dont worry about Gold and silver. We have moved onto the pigeon problem now, you might actually get some of this more pressing problem right :D, as a friendship bonus I am willing to give you a discount on a bag of pigeon **** if you admit defeat ;) keep in mind I hold the concession for all pigeon **** from roof pigeons. How does 5% off sound?

I am not worrying about either gold, silver, or any other commodity including pigeon droppings.

Ratch

Ok your congressional library is wrong then, ties were not completely severed until 1971, well that according to your government. While you are correct about exchanging that has nothing to do with backing which ended in 1971.

Read the link I gave they are as reliable as they get.

As for Germany how come you had a situation were you declined Germany the request to inspect its gold? How come Germany is moving ALL Gold from the states but not the UK?

**broken link removed**

There are other refs, this one seems to think you have used it to erm finance wars! That cant be right as clearly the states is awash is cash and the economy booming.
the dollar is indeed stable as show in this graph

still its only the reserve currency so why would anyone expect it to be stable? Did you read page 13? Apparently not, next you will be telling me your ponsi scheme with sub prime mortgages didnt cause the 2007 financial world wide collapse?
It was the reds I tell you :D

this one is also wrong as it dosnt agree with you eigther
gold.JPG

Remind me how many American states were officially bankrupt in 2010?

Dont worry found it, apparently 32, seems rather alot out of??? 50 something? But its ok you printed more money and hey presto all is ok again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/article/3...orrowed-treasury-fund-unemployment-ca-mi-ny-w

Attachments

• dollar.JPG
    dollar.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 230
Ok your congressional library is wrong then, ties were not completely severed until 1971, well that according to your government. While you are correct about exchanging that has nothing to do with backing which ended in 1971.

Wrong about what? If you cannot demand the commodity for the currency, then it is no longer backed by the commodity. Using the price of the commodity to determine the value of the currency is not backing the currency by the commodity. Exchanging and backing are synonyms meaning the same thing. Determining the value of the currency by the price of a commodity is a fiat system of currency, not a commodity standard.

Read the link I gave they are as reliable as they get.

As for Germany how come you had a situation were you declined Germany the request to inspect its gold? How come Germany is moving ALL Gold from the states but not the UK?

**broken link removed**

There are other refs, this one seems to think you have used it to erm finance wars! That cant be right as clearly the states is awash is cash and the economy booming.
the dollar is indeed stable as show in this graph

still its only the reserve currency so why would anyone expect it to be stable? Did you read page 13? Apparently not, next you will be telling me your ponsi scheme with sub prime mortgages didnt cause the 2007 financial world wide collapse?
It was the reds I tell you :D
No, they are not reliable. Rational Wiki call that site "one of the more professional-looking crank sites". https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Nsnbc.me Maybe you should vet your sources a little better. How come other financial publications don't come out with those "exposes".

this one is also wrong as it dosnt agree with you eigther
View attachment 96784

Remind me how many American states were officially bankrupt in 2010?

Dont worry found it, apparently 32, seems rather alot out of??? 50 something? But its ok you printed more money and hey presto all is ok again.

https://www.zerohedge.com/article/3...orrowed-treasury-fund-unemployment-ca-mi-ny-w

Yes, and CNNMoney characterizes that site as offering a "deeply conspiratorial, anti-establishment and pessimistic view of the world". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

Tell me of just one US state that went bankrupt. You really have to stop looking under your bed for bogey-men.

Ratch

I tend to agree with that too. Though it can be interesting to hear some of the conspiracy theories. For one thing though, if there was not the means to fake the moon landing, there was definitely a motive, arms race, cold war, etc, the desire to beat the Soviets for getting the first man into space.

Even without those incentives you mentioned, there still was the prestige. But still, it just could not be faked.

Ratch

So now you tell me exchange and backing are the same thing! Not sure how to answer that, Exchange is where something is given and something else is given back in return. Backing is where you have something with an intrinsic value (we do agree gold has intrinsic value dont we?) but instead of using that item we use something else to represent it.

If your Congressional research library is so bad then basically your F@@@#d! Policy is made from documents like these and your link is worthless, interesting to note you believe in the moon landings and yet there are thousands of links that say it didnt happen, when picking a reference pick one generally considered reliable and not one that is clearly wrong.

As too the moon landings....... Some things dont add up at first look but on balance alot of it can be explained, unfortunately people often dont want to know the truth as conspiracy is far more sexy.

Lets look at just one of the common sited reason's the moon landings are said to be faked.

The flag is blowing in the wind and there is no wind on the moon! Got you its all fake!! caught out by the wind.............. EXCEPT the reason there is a blowing flag is pretty boring, the flag was made of tin foil! It was considered stupid to put a real flag up as no one would see it properly, so the made a tinfoil one which is why it looks like it is blowing in the wind. A half joke that back fired.

One more...........

The picture shows 2 shadows, it must be a technician from the film crew, except reflected light from the earth is stronger than moon light, the two shadows are because one is cast from the sun and one from the earth.

Now back to economics lessons, you want one example...........

There you go all 32 for you https://www.zerohedge.com/article/3...orrowed-treasury-fund-unemployment-ca-mi-ny-w

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/05/32-states-have-borrowed-from-treasury.html

The data comes from the economic policy journal, but let me guess you can find a link that says that is a comic?

I am not going to continue with economics, you have offered no real evidence to support your claim that would in my humble opinion pass scrutiny, I am sorry you dont believe your government figures and I hope when China recalls its debt back you are not too shocked when the $ is no longer the reserve currency.
Even at my age I understand everything is a cycle, in history the top dog comes and goes. Taiwan was once the old china export wise (so was UK many many years ago) Then Japan for a while, now China is the worlds biggest exporter, but one day it will be someone else.

America didnt use to be the only super power, the others are no more and in time America will follow. The financial collapse caused by a corrupt banking system that didnt even understand the complex financial tools it had developed, clearly shows what happens when all you have is a promise. The problem you face now is no one is going to trust you for a generation or two. So while we wait for the next big dog on the block the world economies will cough and splutter.

You never know maybe Mr Trump can run America like a business and get it started again! Then again maybe being president is simply what a multi billionaire buys when he has everything else.

If you like I can send you my school work and lesson plans when it involves your country, it might be of use to you to learn what is going on and a little history about where you live.

So can I get back to my pigeons now? Or you still want to flog your poor dead horse?

Dont get me wrong I understand just how embarrassing it is when you try and correct a 15 year old and end up getting owned, ouch must sting a bit :joyful::joyful::joyful::stop: Stop before you look silly:stop:

Another comics view on the oil crisis (what crisis??)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oil-plunge-sparks-bankruptcy-concerns-1452560335

Ok its only the wall street journal so I dont expect you to take it seriously, I looked but couldnt find anything in Charlie Hebdo to back it up, so maybe I got the oil thing wrong, if I find a more trsut worthy source I will post it.

Cheer up maybe some of that red will be green tomorrow https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Wasnt as bad as I thought, US debt is has only increased 154% in the last 15 years.

Got to love the UK's clock! Having helped bail out Greece we are now well behind them lol.
So much for the economic recovery Mr Cameron, maybe I should send him a desktop version?

https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Last edited:
So now you tell me exchange and backing are the same thing! Not sure how to answer that, Exchange is where something is given and something else is given back in return. Backing is where you have something with an intrinsic value (we do agree gold has intrinsic value dont we?) but instead of using that item we use something else to represent it.

With respect to currency, yes it is. You cannot say a currency is backed up by a commodity unless that commodity can be supplied on demand by surrendering the currency. That was true before 1933, but not any more.

If your Congressional research library is so bad then basically your F@@@#d! Policy is made from documents like these and your link is worthless, interesting to note you believe in the moon landings and yet there are thousands of links that say it didnt happen, when picking a reference pick one generally considered reliable and not one that is clearly wrong.

It is called the Library of Congress {LC). The LC stores source documents, it does not generate them. If you don't agree with the documents, then you should take it up with the source, not the LC. If you disagree with the reports from the LC, then you should articulate what it is you disagree with, and not just post and expect others to know how they relate to the topic.

As too the moon landings....... Some things dont add up at first look but on balance alot of it can be explained, unfortunately people often dont want to know the truth as conspiracy is far more sexy.

Lets look at just one of the common sited reason's the moon landings are said to be faked.

The flag is blowing in the wind and there is no wind on the moon! Got you its all fake!! caught out by the wind.............. EXCEPT the reason there is a blowing flag is pretty boring, the flag was made of tin foil! It was considered stupid to put a real flag up as no one would see it properly, so the made a tinfoil one which is why it looks like it is blowing in the wind. A half joke that back fired.

One more...........

The picture shows 2 shadows, it must be a technician from the film crew, except reflected light from the earth is stronger than moon light, the two shadows are because one is cast from the sun and one from the earth.

Your description of those events is rather incoherent. However, all those so called discrepancies have been fully debunked. If you want to start another thread about them, then I will be glad to participate.

Now back to economics lessons, you want one example...........

There you go all 32 for you https://www.zerohedge.com/article/3...orrowed-treasury-fund-unemployment-ca-mi-ny-w

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2010/05/32-states-have-borrowed-from-treasury.html

The data comes from the economic policy journal, but let me guess you can find a link that says that is a comic?
The Zero-Hedge is a crackpot site. The Economic Policy Journal talks about some states borrowing some money to pay for unemployment benefits. Just about everyone borrows money at one time or another. Borrowing responsibly does not make them bankrupt.

I am not going to continue with economics, you have offered no real evidence to support your claim that would in my humble opinion pass scrutiny, I am sorry you dont believe your government figures and I hope when China recalls its debt back you are not too shocked when the $ is no longer the reserve currency.
Even at my age I understand everything is a cycle, in history the top dog comes and goes. Taiwan was once the old china export wise (so was UK many many years ago) Then Japan for a while, now China is the worlds biggest exporter, but one day it will be someone else.

My claim was that your statement about gold being a stable commodity is false. I presented irrefutable evidence by showing its value for a period of years where it fluctuated wildly in the short term and increased according to inflation in the long term. All your other diversions into moon landings, economics and the currency value of other nations is not pertinent to your original claim. So either present evidence that gold is a stable commodity, or admit that it is not.

America didnt use to be the only super power, the others are no more and in time America will follow. The financial collapse caused by a corrupt banking system that didnt even understand the complex financial tools it had developed, clearly shows what happens when all you have is a promise. The problem you face now is no one is going to trust you for a generation or two. So while we wait for the next big dog on the block the world economies will cough and splutter.

America is less than 250 years old. It did not collapse during the Great Depression, and it did not collapse during the 2008 financial crisis. The problem in 2008 was caused by corruption and incompetence, not a failed system. Don't count America out yet.

You never know maybe Mr Trump can run America like a business and get it started again! Then again maybe being president is simply what a multi billionaire buys when he has everything else.
Are you speculating again with no analysis or reasoning to back it up?

If you like I can send you my school work and lesson plans when it involves your country, it might be of use to you to learn what is going on and a little history about where you live.
I doubt whether it can teach me anything I don't know better.

So can I get back to my pigeons now? Or you still want to flog your poor dead horse?

Dont get me wrong I understand just how embarrassing it is when you try and correct a 15 year old and end up getting owned, ouch must sting a bit :joyful::joyful::joyful::stop: Stop before you look silly:stop:
I don't feel embarrassed when I see the source material you quote. You should be more discriminating about the sites you visit and use a little more critical reasoning. Also a more careful reading of the material would serve you well.

Another comics view on the oil crisis (what crisis??)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/oil-plunge-sparks-bankruptcy-concerns-1452560335

Ok its only the wall street journal so I dont expect you to take it seriously, I looked but couldnt find anything in Charlie Hebdo to back it up, so maybe I got the oil thing wrong, if I find a more trsut worthy source I will post it.

The WSJ is a respected publication. The article refers to financial problems for folks in the oil business. It has nothing to do with the collapse of the nation's economy. In fact, the lower price of oil helps more people than it hurts. Read the article more carefully.

Cheer up maybe some of that red will be green tomorrow https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Wasnt as bad as I thought, US debt is has only increased 154% in the last 15 years.

Got to love the UK's clock! Having helped bail out Greece we are now well behind them lol.
So much for the economic recovery Mr Cameron, maybe I should send him a desktop version?

https://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
If you communicate with him, try to polish your grammar and spelling a little. Sometimes your writing is a bit incoherent and opaque. I expect better from someone 15 years old.

Ratch

Last edited:
I try hard with my spelling etc, but I am dyslexic and have a few issues, if you read back over the years I have improved. I doubt I will ever be really good at it though.

You have completely misread the moon landing one!! Go back and try again!!! I was NOT supporting the myth, far from it.

So Its clear I will give it some room...

I was saying one of the common myths was about the flag and wind, I then pointed out that the flag looked like it was in wind because it was made from tin foil!!

Excuse the spelling etc apart from dyslexia I have keyboard issues (theres a idiot using it).

Ultimately I am just playing with you :D, I enjoy world politics but havnt fallen into the trap of thinking there is any real answers. Dosnt matter if people like it or not, all economies are interlocked and there are no easy solutions just opinions. If there were clear answers then they would be implemented, instead governments do what they 'think' is best.

One really nasty fact of life......... Govs look and plan 4-5 years ahead because of elections, however the problems we face need 10-20 year plans, no one would think it a good idea to have governments you cant replace for 20 years!! But on the other hand no government can fix the mess in 4-5 years.

Dont feel bad Rachet, its all good natured sparing, especially the clock ;). If you watch the clock and the markets it dosnt sync, if the clock was actually real then it would.

Just for the record I am not a landing on the moon was a hoax person, I gave two myths and debunked them myself, sorry it wasnt clear which side of the fence I was on.

The one oddity with the moon I cant explain though........... I have seen alot of images of the moon surface taken by probes etc, in none of them have I seen the moon buggy or anything else!! Maybe aliens took them?

I wish we could go back and pick up the stuff we left, I would love to see whats happened to the battery etc.

Anyway I prefer pigeons, politics is ok for a while then I get bored.

The one oddity with the moon I cant explain though........... I have seen alot of images of the moon surface taken by probes etc, in none of them have I seen the moon buggy or anything else!! Maybe aliens took them?

I wish we could go back and pick up the stuff we left, I would love to see whats happened to the battery etc.

Anyway I prefer pigeons, politics is ok for a while then I get bored.
So, do you think landing a man on the moon proves that we are very smart and we know it all, or not getting the pigeons off the roof proves that we aren't as smart as we think?
We better ignore the option that landing a man on the moon was a hoax and we are only good at deceit.
Ratchit claims that we are very smart but don't have the money to get the pigeons of the roof. I don't think Ratchit's joke is a funny one.

:D
but don't have the money to get the pigeons of the roof

Try replacing with, "but lack the political will to get the pigeons of the roof."

The money can always be found when the political will is strong enough, the downside is that someone else will always loose out, in this case perhaps those who will be shat on by the pigeons! :D

Last edited:
:D

Try replacing with, "but lack the political will to get the pigeons of the roof."

The money can always be found when the political will is strong enough, the downside is that someone else will always loose out, in this case perhaps those who will be shat on by the pigeons! :D
I guess what you are saying is that whether it's the money or the politicians, we are smart enough to be able to persuade the pigeons to get off the roof. Am I guessing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back