Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mono output jack??

Status
Not open for further replies.

simo2guit

Hi there.. just a quick noob question. I needed a 1/4" mono output jack for a project I am working on, but when I got home I realized that while there is only one (clip?) part, there are 3 legs instead of two. I can't seem to find information on what the 3rd leg does or what there orientation is.. can I still use it as a mono jack using one of the legs unused??? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance..

How do I find the orientation of the legs so I know which is the switch? Can I still use it without the switch as a normal mono output jack? BTW I think its a pretty standard switchcraft jack.

Yes, you can just ignore the switch if you don't need to use it - normally it's wired to short the input out when nothing is plugged in to it.

Can you post a picture, or a link to the exact socket you have?.

Some mono sockets designed for earphones have a third terminal that can connect to an internal speaker. When you plug in the earphone it disconnects the speaker. If you can see the contacts, you will see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back