Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

momentary latching circuit for video camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmatney

i need help designing a simple circuit to add to my Panasonic HDCAM. i want to use the camera's record switch (14 vdc signal) to create a momentary pulse each time the camera recorder turns on or off. The pulse should last at least 100-200 ms since i want to use that pulse to momentarily close a relay to control a MP3 recorder. All this needs to fit inside the camera battery plate; the available space is about 1"x 1" x3/8" high. The camera is powered by a 16 v battery.

thanks for any advice/diagrams you may have.

ed

So what's the deal? You get a 14vdc pulse when you press the record button and you want to send a 100-200ms pulse to the MP3 player?

The camera does not produce a pulse, but rather a steady state condition, either on or off. i need a pulse output to control the MP3 player.

The attached cct should work. There will be a small (~330ms) delay before switch on or off. If this is a problem, and if you can guarantee that the record input will only change state slowly (> 150ms before changing), then R2 may be reduced and the delay will reduce accordingly. Otherwise, just leave as is.

The output relay could be replaced by an optofet (with current-limiting resistor) if you need to reduce space consumption. If you can only find relays, often the reed-relays are very small.

Attachments

• CHANGE DETECTOR.PDF
    35.2 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back