Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modified circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyH

I am modifying a simple bipolar stepper motor driver, a k158. This stepper utilized an edge triggered d-style flip flop. The set and reset inputs are at ground potential. The clock pulse input is being used to toggle the outputs of the flip-flop. Each high input changes the flip-flop output state. This is driving an H-bridge which in turn is driving a stepper motor. I want to modify the circuit so that it takes two new input from a breakout board that output 2 DIO outputs of either 0 or 5V, and have these new inputs individually control an H-bridge. The goal here is to be able to independently control the direction of current going through each motor. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• k158_2.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 163
You would need the schematic.
What's wrong with the provided inputs for DIRection and STEP inputs?

The main goal of this project is to generate Magnetic Field, I just happened to have a k158 lying around. I want to convert DC to AC, and passed through a copper coil. There is nothing wrong with DIR and STEP, it is just that I can't use them to control each H-bridge individually from a PC.

If you remove IC1 (the 4013) from its socket, then pins 1,2,12,13 of the socket will give you access to the H-bridge control inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back