Modified circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyH

I am modifying a simple bipolar stepper motor driver, a k158. This stepper utilized an edge triggered d-style flip flop. The set and reset inputs are at ground potential. The clock pulse input is being used to toggle the outputs of the flip-flop. Each high input changes the flip-flop output state. This is driving an H-bridge which in turn is driving a stepper motor. I want to modify the circuit so that it takes two new input from a breakout board that output 2 DIO outputs of either 0 or 5V, and have these new inputs individually control an H-bridge. The goal here is to be able to independently control the direction of current going through each motor. Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• k158_2.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 165
You would need the schematic.
What's wrong with the provided inputs for DIRection and STEP inputs?

The main goal of this project is to generate Magnetic Field, I just happened to have a k158 lying around. I want to convert DC to AC, and passed through a copper coil. There is nothing wrong with DIR and STEP, it is just that I can't use them to control each H-bridge individually from a PC.

If you remove IC1 (the 4013) from its socket, then pins 1,2,12,13 of the socket will give you access to the H-bridge control inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…