Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile phone antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

chand-o

Hi, i live in the great british counryside where mobile phone signal it terrible. I have a car antenna up in my room but it is tiny and doesnt really provide much gain. It is a flat black strip abut 10cm long that is connected to a nokia reciver which sits behind then phone. I tryed to look inside but i wuld risk breaking it whichi isnt an option as it needs to go in my car. I guess that there is something simlar to to antenna in this box that increase the gain for the mobile intergal one. I have search the net but i cant seem to find any projects for a homemade mobile phone atenna. It doesnt need to connect to the phone, it just need to work on a simliar principle to the current device just with more gain. For the cable i have some high quality co axial cable used with satellites.

Does anyone have an idea??

Thanks

Last edited:
Try searching on ebay, they usually have yagi antennas meant exactly for what you are looking for.

try "yagi antenna'
'cell phone antenna'

yeh but if i do that, which i may well do if they are reasonably priced i wont have anyting to plug the antenna in to beacuse the black box thing its connected to at the moment is going to be installed in my car along with the current antenna. i have tried to get another one of these "boxes" but i casnt seem to get one, hence the reason for wanting to bulid one. from what i can see in side there isnt realy a circuit.

p.s i will try and add pics when i get home if my camera wants to work

Keep in mind that directional antennas such as yagis do provide some gain in a particular direction at the expense of other directions. That may or may not be of concern to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back