Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mission 705a active bass speaker blowing both fuses on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

markreed89

Hi, so I've got a pair of Mission speakers with active bass. There's an amplifier board with a crossover that amplifies the bass drivers. both speakers were buzzing due to swollen capacitors. I'm a complete electronics novice with just some basic soldering skills but I managed to replace all the caps on them successfully and they were running great but the one speaker after ten minutes suddenly blew it's fuses. It now blows them the moment it's powered up. I tried swapping the filter caps around between the speakers, and a few other bits but I still can't get the ones speakers fuses to stop blowing. I cant find any obvious cause, nothing looks burnt etc. I've posted some photos below so you can see what I'm dealing with.

Thanks

Mark

PXL_20211022_175446568.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20211022_175454555.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20211022_175502092.NIGHT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back