Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

metronome circuit needed plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethargicpigeon

i want to build a metronome and i just wondered if anyone had any simple circuits or know of any sites i could find one. thanx. :?:

I built one several years ago, but I no longer have the schematic. instead, i found **broken link removed** on google. As far as the output device (an 8ohm speaker) is concerned, it looks somewhat like the one I built. I didnt however simulate this circuit.

:idea: If you have a copy of or can access a copy of the "Basic Semiconductor Circuits" volume of the Engineer's Mini-Notebook series by Forest Mims III (Radio Shack may still carry these), there are a couple of metronome circuit schematics provided. They are very simple and have a low parts count which is always a bonus.

metronome

:D hi,

if you have any experience in using the 555 timer, you can use this. just connect a simple amplifier circuit, say in darlington fashion for the output. :)

electronic metronome

:D hi,

as an added suggestion to my previous reply, you can also use a Johnson decade counter CD4017 to lite up 8 LEDs to indicate the beat. eg. 2 lited LED means a measure of 2/4

just connect the output of the 555 to pn14 . connect 8 LEDs to the output of 4017. use a 2pole 6 position rotary switch to activate the number of LEDs to light. connect pn13 to ground, connect pn15 to rotary switch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back