Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Metal Detectors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehal

yo fellow electronic geniuses :D . i am trying to build a simple metal detector, and have found an awesome simple schematic drawing while surfing the world wide web. however the main component is a cs209a proccessor chip. having spent hours searching for this wretched piece of kit, i have dicovered it has been dicontinued. :(
does anyone out there know of a chip that has the exact same characteristics and where i may purchase a couple incase i blow it up on my first attempt? pease say there is such a chip so i dont have to spend another week trying to find another lamens schematic.
i am part of an electrical HNC2 group so im not too clued up on heavy electronics. thank you. :wink:

The CS209 is a proximity-switch, not processor. As metal detector - i don't believe - can detect more as 15...20cm in free air with 30cm antenne...

**broken link removed**

manual for a velleman kit metal detector... scematic is in the manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back