Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory issue in PIC18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovetion

Hello,

I am using PIC18f4550. My program is too long. So eventually my data memory has been reached to 100% usage and my program memory at 13%.
So right now, I can't compile my program. So is there any way to use program memory instead of data memory ?

Thanks.

Look at "Flash Program Memory" (Datasheet Section 6). That might help you.

John

Language? Compiler? Example of code?

What is taking up all the data memory? If it's string data then you can probably make it constant data and it will be stored in program memory.

Mike.

My bet is on the suspicion that he may be repeatedly writing out a repetitive function as inline code rather than making it a subroutine. But let's see the code.

Ah yes I see it now. His "my program is too long" statement threw me off.

In any event...he still needs to post his code in order for us to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back