Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memory Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedxec

I have made a event counter using 89C51 and the count value is displayed on 7 segment display .The problem is that whenever the power supply fails and resumes again the counter resets and displays 0 count and it again starts counting .
Can anyone tell me how do i save my counter values so that on resumption of power supply it starts counting from the same point where it was interrupted due to power supply failure .

Bye
ahmedxec

hi ;

you should use one eeprom , (89c51 doesn't have eeprom ),then save the count in it , after every pulse (count ) , so when the power supply disconnects , the count is saved in eeprom , you should change your programm to check eeprom after starting .

Use AT89S8252 which has 1k inbuilt EEPROM or AT89C51 with 24Cxx I2C EEPROM to store your data.

I am extremely thankfull for your valued suggestions . But i have never used eeprom . Can u send me a schematic as to how do i interface eeprom with 89c51 and Assembly code to interact with eeprom .

Bye
ahmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back