Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cannot be resolved to a valid program memory address

Status
Not open for further replies.

TucsonDon

I am using MPLab 5.50 & xc8 2.32. The issue is that some code that was generated by MCC is not compiling correctly while I am trying to debug i.e.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 165029.png

As you can see the break points are broken and PC sees the "{" as code. I have tried everything I can think of to correct this issue to no avail. And when I compile I get "Break point at line 817 in file D:/MPLab Projects/Current Projects/HouseUART.X/mcc_generated_files/i2c1_master.c cannot be resolved to a valid program memory address.

I have:

clean install with MPLab & xc8

completely removed the resource from MCC and added back.

rebuilt the whole project

deleted build, debug and dist folders then recompiled

I hope someone has some insight into this and can help to resolve it

It's because the code doesn't use any memory. Try adding a NOP(); before each break instruction and place the breakpoint on that line.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back