Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC Gaussian distribution for inverter threshold voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANALA

I need to overlap the MC gaussian distribution for threshold voltage generated using MATLAB and LTspice..If i use the same mean value(i.e 0.3558) and sigma value(3*sigma=10% i.e sigma=0.0333) for both my simulations then MATLAB distribution is much more wider than LTspice distribution..On the other hand if i use same mean value for both my simulations and sigma= 10% in LTspice and sigma =0.0333 in MATLAB then both the graphs overlay. But i need to incorporate the same value of sigma for both my simulations..May i know what's the relation between sigma and 3*sigma in LTspice and MATLAB respectively and how can i address this issue?

MATLAB code has been attached below.

n= 5000; %no of runs%
m= 0.3558; %nominal Vth/Mean%
sd= 0.0333; % 3*sigma standard deviation%
Vth= m + sd*randn(n,1); %Gaussian distribution of Vth%
figure(2);
hist(Vth); %Histogram of Vth%`
LTspice Code for generating Gaussian distribution has been attached.

VTH1=.3558*(1+gauss(0.1)) % sigma=10%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back