Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Male Grooming and Online Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
How many here admit to buying grooming products? things like skin care stuff? If you do whats your age range?

I know most will say they dont, but alot gets sold each year so someone is buying it ;).

I got a few questions like these as I am about to do a male range of different things, one of the things we sell alot of (mainly to old fashioned Barbour shops) is a hard but really foamy shaving soap designed for cut throat blades.

the other good seller is a barrier cream meant to be used by mechanics that wear gloves at work, this was a stumble on. Alot of the agri mechanics wear gloves now (i think if they are a business they dont have much choice), but the gloves tend to soften the skin and they get fungus infections etc. So we make a cream that helps stop the hands from sweating and contains anti fungal stuff, seems to work well and its getting popular.

How many here use hair gel? Because I sell ALOT of hair gel!! No idea about the states but here Beards are in fashion, we seem to be one the few artisan companies that sell mustache wax :D, i hate making it!!! one the ingredients makes your hands really sticky for ages...

Any read online lifestyle mags? or male orientated bodycare online mags? I wont take the micky, but as we are about to launch one some feedback and consumer survey would be useful.

I need your age range a rough range is fine, anyone helping gets 25% off first order for bodycare stuff and a auto upgrade of product, so if you buy 100ml of something you get 25% off the price, plus we upgrade you to the next size FOC. Limited offer for members here only.

You can pm me if your shy.

No sales to me! I'm self sufficient on all levels. Even cut my own hair too.;)

Rather doubt I spend even $50 a year on personal care stuff at this point. :cool:

No sales to me! I'm self sufficient on all levels. Even cut my own hair too.;)

Rather doubt I spend even $50 a year on personal care stuff at this point. :cool:
Ok I will put you down for some hair gel and a pamper pack ;). As per your pm, sorry but we dont sell handcream with a moisturizer for use after washing up. I will look into making one for you though, you sure you want daffodil scented though?

I apologize but i couldnt reply back via pm!! i think its broken, i did get yours however. And to answer your question...yes we do sell male leg wax :p

The only two products similar to what you describe that I use are shampoo and toothpaste. I have no need for anything else.

Mike. Old fart - 60 this year.

The only two products similar to what you describe that I use are shampoo and toothpaste. I have no need for anything else.

Mike. Old fart - 60 this year.
What kind of shampoo do you use? one with or without a conditioner? Do you use an electric shaver or wet shave? aftershave or if electric shaver do you use a product for the skin after?

I use Head & Shoulders and disposable razors. If anyone even comes near me with aftershave I have to leave the room.

There's something in some perfumes (I class aftershave as perfume) that I'm allergic to.

Mike.

Ok I will put you down for some hair gel and a pamper pack ;). As per your pm, sorry but we dont sell handcream with a moisturizer for use after washing up. I will look into making one for you though, you sure you want daffodil scented though?

I apologize but i couldnt reply back via pm!! i think its broken, i did get yours however. And to answer your question...yes we do sell male leg wax :p

I does like ta' look purdy when I goes to town and the leg wax is for the cats. No shedding or flea and tick issues if you wax em up good every week or two. ;)

youch.jpg
funnycat21.jpg

Very old fart's 2 cents .... never ever.. bit of 'old spice' that's it .....

I does like ta' look purdy when I goes to town and the leg wax is for the cats. No shedding or flea and tick issues if you wax em up good every week or two. ;)

youch.jpg
funnycat21.jpg
That dosnt look like its gonna let you do it twice ;)

Add tranquilizer darts to my order please. ;)

Add tranquilizer darts to my order please. ;)
Dont sell em, but in the interests of customer satidfaction i have sent a pair of my worn socks, should do the same job but be careful as they are more potent :D

Last edited:
Skin bleaching should be left to the medical professionals, it isnt something i would touch with a barge pole, and the law around the products is a minefield. We do have shaving soaps designed for darker skin, the facial hair tends to be harder so the soap we make for people with darker skin has more softening agents in. Also for some reason the skin can become more sensitive so those kind of shaving soaps have a components similar to Aloe Vera but its a different plant with other properties.

Beards etc are such a fashion thing at the moment we are selling alot of shaving soaps and beard care stuff to Barber shops. Mustache wax was one that took a while to get my head around! But we did come up with one that people seem to really like, Real soap and true natural bodycare stuff is an interesting science. You would be amazed what goes into the creation of a new product. We bring out a new range every 14 weeks.

How many here admit to buying grooming products? things like skin care stuff? If you do whats your age range?
I use Ivory soap, Head & Shoulders shampoo and a generic brand anti-perspirant. Shaving by Norelco. And that's it.

As for my age range, call it "imminent geezerhood."

Ok I will put you down for some hair gel and a pamper pack ;). As per your pm, sorry but we dont sell handcream with a moisturizer for use after washing up.
A wise somebody once said, years ago, "Real men don't moisturize."

Just sayin'...

LG, how the **** do you even have the time to have so many fingers in so many pies?
I work for myself but while it looks like they are different things, alot of what i actually do is connected.

The science come from the soap in a way, hence the Toxicology course. Plus steam and solvent extractions of plant material, these i use in the soap. I dont sleep much but the main drivers are.......

I love being busy i cant sit still, i got to make a living!! But i dont see it as work, I see it like getting paid to do stuff i would do even if i didnt get paid for it. I am not married, i dont have kids, i dont drink and i dont go out much, i havnt got many friends because i dont get on so well with people. So i dont have many distractions:D

I love being busy i cant sit still, i got to make a living!! But i dont see it as work, I see it like getting paid to do stuff i would do even if i didnt get paid for it. I am not married, i dont have kids, i dont drink and i dont go out much, i havnt got many friends because i dont get on so well with people. So i dont have many distractions:D

Sounds like me at your age. Lets just hope that unlike me you don't burn yourself out by the time your 20 and and have to rethink how you prioritize your life actions.

I really enjoy my life, i got a job i love doing. My boss is a S OB and the pay is really bad, my working conditions are ok though. But i do enjoy the people i work with. I like the actual job itself. I also get to combine all my hobbies into my job.

I think burn out happens when you try and grow faster than is reasonable or when you get greedy and cant say no to a job because of the money it would make. I am not saying thats what happened to you, i saying what i see happen around me to people. I dont earn enough yet to not have to worry about bills. I struggle to keep my head afloat, but equally I dont chase money. Money is kinda wasted on me, if i won the lottery TBH most of it would sit and rot in a bank.

I might get a new lab chair, i would get a mass spectrometer but second hand and off ebay! I would like to be able to employ some people that really need a job, but fancy cars and tailor made shirts/suites just isnt me. Honest example, i make alot of high quality top notch soap. What soap do i actually use at home?

I re mould the bar offcuts from the soap room and use that :D, What shaving soap do I use? I use the scrape offs from the container fills when i pour the soaps, i compress them and use that. Not cos I am tight (i am tight though) But because i hate waste, I dont have to do this i can afford to take a good bar of soap and use it, but that just isnt me and money wouldnt any difference.

EDIT

Ok missed one, I would buy a good cushion for the tractor seat, the seat in mine i find hard on the bum!!! So yeah ok i would splash out on some bum comfort. I would keep the tractor though as i love that tractor.

I think burn out happens when you try and grow faster than is reasonable or when you get greedy and cant say no to a job because of the money it would make. I am not saying thats what happened to you, i saying what i see happen around me to people. I dont earn enough yet to not have to worry about bills. I struggle to keep my head afloat, but equally I dont chase money. Money is kinda wasted on me, if i won the lottery TBH most of it would sit and rot in a bank.

Like you I never cared about the money and never have. I appreciate when I have more than I immediately need but overall I've never chased it for the sake of saying I have more than anyone else. For me having functional material assets and resources I can use to do what I wish when and how I want is what mattered. Money in a bank is finite but material assets, tools, equipment, and skills are only limited by how they are used. ;)

What burned me out was being hit, and knocked down hard over and over, by the utter petty selfishness and cowardice of others I had considered to be my inner sanctum of family and friends, and then being left without a care in the world for my own well being by those I depended on the most at the time.

Like you, I had a job I loved that paid way more than I needed to live on, a great gal from what I thought was a good family to back me up and what I thought was a solid reliable family and general social group to keep me moving forward. Nope. All of it collapsed on me within a few months and for the most selfish and petty reasons I have yet to ever see in my near 25 years since and none of it had anything to do directly with me and my actions beyond my refusing to be knowingly trapped in one bad deal after another because there was some quick gains (for them) to have at some very bad long term costs (to me).

Throw in a run of bad depression and the hard reality that you need to rebuild your whole social structure around good trustworthy people while the same time now having every reason in the world to not trust anyone on any level and it's a life altering hell to have to try and dig yourself out from under. For it I have what I consider to be a very small and tight circle of true friends but a huge social circle of friendly associates that will forever be held at arm's length.

It's also why I am extremely reluctant to help anyone with anything beyond the terms and limits I set and control. It's also why I don't play defence in life. Either it's win win, I walk away or I take the counter offensive and put a figurative knife to their throat and make it very clear I'm not playing someones petty BS nonsense game, and if I have the capacity, will take them out of the game entirely by any means I see fit without hesitation. ;)

I don't know where your life will take you but be well warned that there are way too many people in the world who will screw a smart ambitious kid over for petty worthless momentary gains without second thought about what sort of long term advantages they could have had by working with you simply because they think you have all the time in the world to figure out how to recover from whatever they screwed you over for. Your neighbor with the tractor being a perfect example. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back