Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Making a board need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hi all....
As some know i made this little IR door Opener and well.. i have the schematic made but my board skills arent good. Im trying to make it into a 1 sided board which seems impossible ... i just need some help making the board.. It can be 1 or 2 sided but im not such a neat person so can someone please help me.. Below is the schematic.. in EAGLE...

EDIT: Updated Schematic

Attachments

• Ir2.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
AtomSoft said:
Hi all....
As some know i made this little IR door Opener and well.. i have the schematic made but my board skills arent good. Im trying to make it into a 1 sided board which seems impossible ... i just need some help making the board.. It can be 1 or 2 sided but im not such a neat person so can someone please help me.. Below is the schematic.. in EAGLE...

hi atomsoft,
Like to help, dont use Eagle, tried express.sch, not compatable.

Any chance of a jpg or gif being posted.

BTW, if you didnt know already, expresspcb is a freebie download, schematic and pcb.

Is Eagle a freebie.??

Regards

sorry redid R7 just noticed it:

**broken link removed**

This is the FINAL

EDIT : R7 can be 330ohm normal resistor

Attachments

• IRschem.jpg
    IRschem.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Ir3.zip
    62.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
3v0 said:
I can lay this out for you if you would like.

Do you want it very compact or a little easier to solder.

Any parts that you must have in a given location or what looks good to me.
ESP the TSOP sensor.

hi 3v0,
I will in that case step down.

I was going to ask the pin layout details of the relay, switches and orientation of the TSOP.

Downloaded the freeware edition of Eagle, just out of interest.

Regards

ericgibbs said:
hi 3v0,
I will in that case step down.

I was going to ask the pin layout details of the relay, switches and orientation of the TSOP.

Downloaded the freeware edition of Eagle, just out of interest.

Regards

Skip the production code and download the beta at the
The link in on the left top side of the page.

If you are not used to it the production version is apt to make you unhappy. The beta less so. A bit weird to use but a very powerful program.

AtomSoft said:
umm anyway really 3v0 .. as for the sensor ... any way you are more experienced than me so i trust your judgment.

OK I will get on it. Are you going to be around for a few hours.
I have a tutor session from 2:30 till about 4. Other then that I am free.

Last edited:
I have done an initial parts arrangement on the board. This is to show the relationship and not spacing. Check to see if the caps are were you want them to be esp C2 and C3. Note that VPP will be on the left side of the ICSP connector JP2. This will mean a twist in the ICSP cable but it make the board easier to route. Can change it if you like. I still have to check the TSOP to see if it is facing out so I could have it backward.

You had a common problem with D1. You had a net between both pins which shorted it and caused the net going to RA2 to be part of VCC.

I am easily confused. How is the board powered. I do not see a connector or solder pads for VCC. Since there is no regulator associated with VCC you have the regulation off board or are using batteries.

All in all the schecmatics are quit good for a first try at Eagle.

I will route it after you give me the changes and or an OK. :)

Attachments

• board1.png
    board1.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 156
ok sorry i was away for a bit but im back...
the vcc for the chip and other parts comes from the power input from the LM317 which comes from 9-15V from adapter plug...

Not sure if that makes sense :D

It is supposed to turn on when RA2 is pulled low... I know its wierd but it works on breadboard .. Ill post a link to the original post if needed

3v0 said:
No problem. You are correct. I was looking at it wrong.

I placed the power jack and the IR sensor on the same edge of the board so you can place in most any size box.

I will route it now.

Hi 3v0,

lets do a private competition for the smallest single sided PCB. :)
(Single sided is possible!)

Question to atomsoft: Do you really want the IR-sensor mounted horizontally?

I suggest to mount it vertically opposite the power jack.

Hans

wow looks nice can you post board file?

EDIT:

Little Photoshop and have (made only 1 jump needed)
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Boncuk said:
Hi 3v0,

Hans
Through hole or surface mount?

Boncuk said:
Hi 3v0,

Hans

When I made the magic switchbox board I had to do it twice. The second time was to make it large enough so mear mortals could solder the thing. The contest sounds fun but I would rather do somthing useful.

AtomSoft said:
wow looks nice can you post board file?

EDIT:

Little Photoshop and have (made only 1 jump needed)
**broken link removed**

I will post them. I know why you think you can get rid of the two jumpers but it is not possible. The jumpers are there to allow the groud to run under them. You isolate several parts that need ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back