Maker Bot / RepRap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a weekend project. Vary time consuming. What are you going to make with it? You would have to have a good reasoin for making this, not just "I what one" Andy

Actually, that's exactly why I would build it. I don't think desktop 3D printing technology is at the point where you do it in order to make a specific item because it's easier, cheaper, or more practical. You build one of these things to learn about it and have fun tinkering. I think these are like early home computers: not immensely practical, but with amazing possibilities.

Ok its more of a hobby than the weekend project. Luckly it is a vary well supported OPEN project. You will need to read thare forms for a few days and than you can have some fun. The heating element is not that big maybe 100 watts or so and not that bad on power. You can always start off with frosting or somthing eles that dose not need to be heated while you test the movments and software. Andy

I would be more interested in the repRap. Their goal is to build machines that can build better machines. There are enough people working on it to keep the design moving ahead. A research thing.

Ah cool. I guess 100W isn't too bad. Yes, I think the RepRap is conceptually more interesting, but it seems to have a 'rep' for flimsiness. Hopefully that will get corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…